email goes away each day!

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by efh7557, Oct 15, 2010.

1. efh7557

efh7557 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again, I got my Fascinate on Sunday, coming from 2 years of a BB Storm 1.

I thought the email was ok, but it goes away each day. I am using comcast for my email service. I see it there throughout the day, but then it's gone. And when I get home and check my email on my computer with outlook, it goes away from the phone.

Blackberry was great about email. I didn't see many options for "I delete from phone" or "Delete after 'X' days".

Any suggestions?

Erin
    Denver

2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    first of all, welcome to the forum!! hope you stick around!!

as for your specific issue, my wife had the same problem with her D Inc. try this thread, starting at post 6: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-tech-issues/63792-email-problem.html. in essence, you need to change the settings on your pc, to tell your server to keep emails for a certain period of time. i tried it, and it worked for my wife's phone - hopefully it will work for you, as well. if it doesn't work, post back. :)

EDIT: even after you change the settings on the server thru your pc, your emails won't automatically come back - they'll just build up over the coming days. you'll be able to tell - once you hit midnight eastern time, and your emails don't disappear, then it's working.

3. zero7starz

zero7starz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can also try k9 email as it has many other options for keeping your email on your phone. But imo outlook makes everything more complicated.
    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page
comcast email disapears on s4
comcast email disappeared from galaxy s3
comcast email disappears from my galaxy s3
comcast email keeps disappearing on the phone s4
email disappeared from s4
galaxy s4 email disappearing
galaxy s4 emails disappear
s4 email keeps disappearing

samsung galaxy s4 deleting emails comcast

samsung s4 emails disappearing