email goes away each day!

efh7557

Reaction score
Hi again, I got my Fascinate on Sunday, coming from 2 years of a BB Storm 1.

I thought the email was ok, but it goes away each day. I am using comcast for my email service. I see it there throughout the day, but then it's gone. And when I get home and check my email on my computer with outlook, it goes away from the phone.

Blackberry was great about email. I didn't see many options for "I delete from phone" or "Delete after 'X' days".

Any suggestions?

Erin
Denver

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
first of all, welcome to the forum!! hope you stick around!!

as for your specific issue, my wife had the same problem with her D Inc. try this thread, starting at post 6: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-tech-issues/63792-email-problem.html. in essence, you need to change the settings on your pc, to tell your server to keep emails for a certain period of time. i tried it, and it worked for my wife's phone - hopefully it will work for you, as well. if it doesn't work, post back. :)

EDIT: even after you change the settings on the server thru your pc, your emails won't automatically come back - they'll just build up over the coming days. you'll be able to tell - once you hit midnight eastern time, and your emails don't disappear, then it's working.

zero7starz

Reaction score
You can also try k9 email as it has many other options for keeping your email on your phone. But imo outlook makes everything more complicated.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk