Email force closing

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jasondeg, May 13, 2010.

1. jasondeg

jasondeg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I am having a problem with my stock Email app force closing CONSTANTLY. I literally can only open and when it tries to refresh the accounts it force closes. I am running BB1.0 wmith NexTheme and round battery icon. I tried removing it via scripts and then pushing it via the fixes.zip via root explorer. However, it still force closes. When that wasn't working I decided to do a Nandroid restore. I went back to when I had just installed BB1.0 with Smoked Glass Theme. The problem still persists. Anyone have any great suggestions?

I am not sure why this problem started. Last thing I did to the phone before having this problem was install stock mms from Pete's fixes via root explorer. However the problem didn't show up until 12 hours after that was done and I used the Email app multiple times in that time frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not sure what else to do

Jason

2. jasondeg

jasondeg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New Symptom:

I noticed it was when one of my two email accounts was trying to refreash (my school account). When I removed this account, Email works fine. When I add it back, Email force closes again. The mail will update and show unread emails, but force closes immediately after that. It's an imap account. My other account is with AOL. Does that make any sense to anyone?

3. tbever

tbever Member

Ratings:
    +0

Try this: it worked for me: (quoted from elsewhere in forum)

After frantically searching online, I found the solution. Apparently removing the account doesn't necessarily remove all the data associated with it. Following the procedure from the link below worked:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16336

At any rate, I found a workaround.

Go to Home>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications

Click the Menu button and select "Filter"

Select "Running"

Scroll down to the "Email" application. Select "Clear Data"

(This is effectively the same thing as deleting the account and starting over, however when I tried to delete/recreate the account using the UI, it didn't work. After deleting the information through the Application Manager, it appears that my email is working now.)

4. jasondeg

jasondeg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    strange. I did that. Now when I try to open the Email app it force closes. Can't do anything at all with it now.

5. jasondeg

jasondeg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just wiped and reinstalled. Problem fixed. Wish I knew what caused it in the first place!

6. barcodelinux

barcodelinux Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Followed the above steps and now I have my corporate email again. Thanks tbever

Search tags for this page

android email force closes

aol on droid email keeps closing

droidx 2.3.4 email close problem

why is aol closing after each email i open at the close