Email Font Issue

devils3023

Reaction score
Ok, so I noticed that the font size on all emails I send from my phone is too large when viewed on a computer and looks semi-unprofessional. I went through the email settings, found "compose options" and noticed the font size is set to 16. I set it to the standard 12 font size and it became way too small to see on my phone, but when set to 16 it looks fine on the phone. So basically I have to decide whether I want the email to look fine to me on the phone and huge to the recipients or tiny to me on the phone but normal to the recipient. Is there any way to have it send the email in size 12 font but still have it readable to me on the phone? On my storm2 and old curve you were able to independently adjust the font size so seems weird that the bionic can't do this. Any help appreciated as I send a lot of emails from my phone.

LBrooks

Reaction score
I guess you're the only one who noticed ??? ;o) Most of my email sent is routed through Gmail so thus far - everything I've seen has looked okay ...

OP
D

devils3023

Reaction score
I guess you're the only one who noticed ??? ;o) Most of my email sent is routed through Gmail so thus far - everything I've seen has looked okay ...

Forgot to mention that I'm using hotmail and my college email, not gmail, in case it makes a difference. So all the emails you've sent from your phone are the standard 12 point font when viewed on a computer?

LBrooks

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I'm using hotmail and my college email, not gmail, in case it makes a difference. So all the emails you've sent from your phone are the standard 12 point font when viewed on a computer?

It's probably what's making the difference, D ... Yep - everything looks fine when viewed on comp ... :eek:)

OP
D

devils3023

Reaction score
Ok, so I just decided to test this using a gmail account and low and behold it works fine. The settings menu is totally different within a gmail account than it is for hotmail. I called moto tech support and they said there is nothing they can do. I checked some emails on my computer that were sent from my old Storm2 and they look fine, normal size 12 font. This just seems crazy to me. I'm stuck between having my email look too large/unprofessional to the recipient but fine to me while composing, or normal to the recipient but microscopic to me while composing. Can anyone else who is NOT using gmail confirm this issue? Thanks.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Set up your Gmail account (via web interface) to pull in your Hotmail e-mail, and use Gmail as your primary e-mail app.

OP
D

devils3023

Reaction score
Set up your Gmail account (via web interface) to pull in your Hotmail e-mail, and use Gmail as your primary e-mail app.

Yeah, I considered doing that but then I also have my college email account too which is webmail based. I dont wanna have both accounts going to one gmail. Any third party apps that dont require root out there to address this issue?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Djgnosis

Reaction score
Hi Devils3023,

I came across this thread while hunting for a solution for this exact same email font issue on the Droid RAZR.

Did you ever find a solution for this? It's driving me as crazy as it did you.

Thanks so much!