1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

email driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by srinds, May 19, 2010.

1. srinds

srinds New Member

I am using outlook and like many people have an issue regarding forwarding of attachments. I have dowloaded Astro, Io K9 etc. Only rarely when opening a pdf attachment will it prompt me if I wont to use astro.
    Other times the attachment will open and I have no way to save it so I can forward it.
    Has any one found a soultion for this annoying problem.
    Steve
  2. aminaked

aminaked New Member

I'm not completely clear on what you're describing.

You're using K9? When you open the email and see the attachment, there is an open button and a save button. Are you using the save button?

Also, in K9 you don't need to open or save an email with an attachment to forward it. Why not just forward it?
  3. srinds

srinds New Member

No, I am unable to open the attachment with K9 or Astro, so I cant save or forward. that's my issue. Seems like its not setup to "search" my email. I can open it directly from outlook, but then I cant save it.
  4. takeshi

takeshi New Member

I'm confused. First of all, Outlook is irrelevant. Second, why do you think you need to open an attachment to forward it?
  5. srinds

srinds New Member

you're confused, so am I. OK you receive an email with an attachment, say a pdf document. I want to forward the email and attachment to takeshi. i hit forward and send it. You get he email, but not the attachment. what gives?
  6. flycoon

flycoon New Member

I'm having the same problem. I receive files with dictation attached in.wma format and the attachment does not forward. Works in gmail, but not in the email program that picks up my verizon email.

To compound the problem, Thunderbird's filters that, in theory, should forward this email automatically won't work either.

What a pain in the ass.
  7. Taegost

Taegost New Member

Oh, I thought it was a fluke with a corrupt attachment when I had that issue... Maybe not :) I've only tried forwarding one e-mail with an attachment, but after 4 tries I gave up and just forwarded it from gmail.com.
    Ticked me off, I needed it for work!
Search tags for this page
forwarding emails from samsung galaxy s3 corrupts attachment
k9 email pdf attachment error

k9 mail corrupt attachments

samsung galaxy s3 corrupt pdf attachments