email delete

ddr

Reaction score
Anybody else hitting delete accidently when scrolling through the message. Anyway to retrieve from trash, or better yet a way to confirm delete?

MQAAord

Reaction score
If you go to the "trash" folder, and hit the options key, it should give you the option to put that message back in the inbox.

To permanently remove an email from the device, touch the check box to the left of the message, and the option to delete will pop up. Deleting something from the trash folder will erase it.

mjs31

Reaction score
Anybody else hitting delete accidently when scrolling through the message. Anyway to retrieve from trash, or better yet a way to confirm delete?

When in gmail just go into menu and settings. There will be an option to confirm delete.

OP
D

ddr

Reaction score
If you go to the "trash" folder, and hit the options key, it should give you the option to put that message back in the inbox.

To permanently remove an email from the device, touch the check box to the left of the message, and the option to delete will pop up. Deleting something from the trash folder will erase it.

I do not get that option.

edkocher

Reaction score
gmail options vs. "other" email account options

The gmail settings has an option to confirm delete, but for any other email account, that option does not exist. Also, there is currently no way (that I know of) to move a message from Trash to another folder (like the inbox) except to forward it from the Trash folder to your email address. And, by doing that, you lose the "real" from header in your inbox. Both of these are things that I WOULD LOVE to have the Motorola folks resolve. Very frustrating to delete an email by mistake and have no proper way of fixing the mistake. You should have the option of confirming deletions at the least.

baruch

Reaction score
trash folder

I do not get that option.
not only do i not have that option (where does that exist?), but in addition, when i delete all msgs in trash, then go back to view all folders, i still see the number "1" that indicates a msg still in trash?????

edkocher

Reaction score
email folder counter does not match folder contents

not only do i not have that option (where does that exist?), but in addition, when i delete all msgs in trash, then go back to view all folders, i still see the number "1" that indicates a msg still in trash?????

I have come to the conclusion that the native email software within the DROID is FUBAR. I just don't use it any longer. Instead I use software from the Marketplace the performs far better.

Last edited: