Email 'delete all' function?

dmorsekahn

Reaction score
I love my new HTC Inspire! One minor aggravation is the accumulation of my corporate email during the course of the day--both wanted mail and spam--number in the hundreds. :icon_eek:

I cannot find a 'Delete All' function for email. Help! It takes a full half-hour to get rid of 500 emails, one check box group of 8 emails at a time!

I know someone out there knows how to work this out... :heart: Thanks!

tomfromspringfield

Reaction score
Greetings from Springfield, Massachusetts. I just found out that how to do it. Even Verizon tech support does not know this. When all email is listed then put a check mark on the first email and then click the menu button from below. A window will pop up and will give you the option of select all email to delete. Its on my brand new HTC Verizon Thunderbolt. I hope you have the same. Peace out.

OP
D

dmorsekahn

Reaction score
IT WORKED!!! Can't thank you enough...cheers from Minnesota!

jpopcorn

Reaction score
Made it So Easy

Greetings from Springfield, Massachusetts. I just found out that how to do it. Even Verizon tech support does not know this. When all email is listed then put a check mark on the first email and then click the menu button from below. A window will pop up and will give you the option of select all email to delete. Its on my brand new HTC Verizon Thunderbolt. I hope you have the same. Peace out.

This is excellent! Thank you. You should be writing the guide! (I have the Thunderbolt too.) Thanks again!

sundeelue

Reaction score
This is NOT on my Droid Incredible. Any hints as to how to upgrade to this feature?

mmm2hands

Reaction score
NOT completely true unfortunately.....

I recently bought the HTC Thunderbolt and learned how to DELETE my emails. Now the problem is that even after I have deleted them, or so I thought, they continue to intermittently reappear in a repeat showing and force me to do it again and again. Anybody have a solution to this repeat appearance problem I am having?

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I wish I did have the solution. My email is starting the new year doing the same as yours. And add in one account that will not refresh and both gmail accounts that all messages reappear after deletion from trash.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

radowningii

Reaction score
I've been having this problem [Ally, Froyo build], but two things: first, if you have POP configured as your email protocol, they will keep showing up until they're deleted from the server; second, there is no "select all" option available for 2.2.2 [Verizon aloha:2.2.2].

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
(My TB is running 2.3.4. GB.)

I ended up deleting the account connections from my Go Daddy domain account's non-Google mail. As is, even Gmail itself gives me random, multiple copies of almost every email, sometimes only doubles but as much as 5 copies each, and rarely ever now as a single entry. It was irritating to have hundreds of emails continue to show up daily that I've already trashed. I'm about to try it as an IMAP instead of POP. I'm also going to be trying an app K-9 something. I do not always get to view these emails on the laptop as I am mostly out of the house and my internet is via my hotspot.

Last edited:

radowningii

Reaction score
IMAP helps somewhat...

(My TB is running 2.3.4. GB.)

I ended up deleting the account connections from my Go Daddy domain account's non-Google mail. As is, even Gmail itself gives me random, multiple copies of almost every email, sometimes only doubles but as much as 5 copies each, and rarely ever now as a single entry. It was irritating to have hundreds of emails continue to show up daily that I've already trashed. I'm about to try it as an IMAP instead of POP. I'm also going to be trying an app K-9 something. I do not always get to view these emails on the laptop as I am mostly out of the house and my internet is via my hotspot.

I use corp. & Gmail as IMAP accounts, both with much success. I don't get dupes at all from either of those, but they're run pretty well. The dupes tend to show up from Comcast, who have to 'restore' their email servers on a fairly frequent basis. When they do that, you're guaranteed of getting duplicates.

I do get 'phantom' emails that show up @ the bottom of the list with no subject, no body, & date-time-stamped with the date & time I opened the mail app.. That's not seen as a problem, either, but it's really minor compared to the POP problem.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Sounds hopeful. Thanks for the info.

Update: got the app called K-9 mail, just set it up. Seems to work good but time will tell. It did not allow IMAP but POP only. I can give feedback on it after I've used it for a day or so.

PS: I have in and out mail set with TLS (if available) security enabled. It is working and I already like it. More feedback later, unless I forget. :p

Last edited:

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Feedback after a few hours with K-9 mail, working very good for the accounts I have going into it. Note though that gmail is not going into K-9 so I cannot say if I'd be getting multiple copies or not, but I believe it is now a non-issue because I'm not using stock mail app for these 4 other accounts.

PS: the K-9 app checks the 4 addresses and corresponding folders very fast. This is good.

Last edited:

humguy1

Reaction score
I have a Droid Razor. To Delete All e-mail, select the first e-mail (check it), then select SETTINGS at the bottom of the device. That opens a dialogue box that asks if you with to "Select All". Once you select all you can simply select the trash can icon and you are done