Email corporate sync

Bulldog7

Reaction score
I am on my third phone now. The email sync only occasionally works after reset. I have to manually retrieve most of the time. Help anyone?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

leobg

Reaction score
I don't really want to disappoint you, but have a look here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/40791

To save you the time of reading 40+ page thread above, corporate sync does NOT work properly on D2G/Pro/... God knows what else...
Motorola "is being hard at work" fixing the problem, but it is 2 months since they are "working hard" on it and so far NOTHING has been fixed. For the past month they keep complete "radio silence" about the issue.
So if you are within return period of your D2G, you may seriously consider this option (exchanging it for non-Motorola phone).

Here is how I have it working (to a usable extent) on my own D2G: install the latest beta of touchdown exchange (http://tinyurl.com/tdbetadroid) and configure it to use PUSH+PULL every 5 mins. Warning - this app is not free, but you can test it for 30 days for free before decide buy or not (or maybe motorola bring that fix finally).

Also - there is already a thread addressing this issue here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...exchange-users-does-your-phone-stay-sync.html
Try to search before opening new one next time. Oh, welcome to the board :)

Last edited:
OP
B

Bulldog7

Reaction score
Thank you! Finally, a straight forward answer. I thought I might need a phone psychologist. It's a shame. Other than this problem and it randomly turning off, I love it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

ba-b4

Reaction score
Yeah your phone rebooting problem and the corporate sync issue are two known issues that Motorola is aware of but has no answers for. They've been working on the issue for quite a while now but still zero progress. On the Motorola support boards folks are demanding answers and fixes but their support team is pretty much putting everyone on ignore. For sure this will be my last Motorola.

rpoldervaart

Reaction score
corporate sync does NOT work properly on D2G/Pro/...

I guess I just got a good one. My D2G was set up with corporate mail two weeks ago and hasn't missed a beat. I sync email and calendar events. I know our IT dept didn't allow droids and iphones to connect until they installed exchange 2010. I wonder if some of the problems are the result of older exchange servers. I can try to ask our IT group what our configuration is. But since enabling this in the office, there are several people with Droids connecting to the corporate email and I haven't heard any complaints.

So it does work. But obviously there situations, possibly many, where it does not work.

Robert

leobg

Reaction score
Robert, are you using push notification or you are polling every 15 mins (the default setting)? For me polling always worked fine (I am on exchange 2007). Push is what is intermittent.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
My office doesn't use the most advanced of Exchange servers (no pin, no ssl...) but, I have had great luck with two workarounds.

The first, and easiest, is Improved Email from the market, it's free, it looks like the AOSP email program, and push seems to work fine. Does not have a manual setup option.

The second, grab Email.apk from a Cyanogen ROM and install it. It might require you to push it to /system/app and set its permissions (which requires root). It allows for manual setup.

Again, our exchange server is not the most secure so if the security settings are causing some of the push issues, these workarounds may not help you.

Not that anyone asked, but there's my $0.02.

silver6054

Reaction score
My office doesn't use the most advanced of Exchange servers (no pin, no ssl...) but, I have had great luck with two workarounds.

The first, and easiest, is Improved Email from the market, it's free, it looks like the AOSP email program, and push seems to work fine. Does not have a manual setup option.

The second, grab Email.apk from a Cyanogen ROM and install it. It might require you to push it to /system/app and set its permissions (which requires root). It allows for manual setup.

Again, our exchange server is not the most secure so if the security settings are causing some of the push issues, these workarounds may not help you.

Not that anyone asked, but there's my $0.02.
Yes, you might be lucky or it may be because of your settings, but on the Moto Forums most people experience only initial success with both of those, and then push eventually fails.

rpoldervaart

Reaction score
Robert, are you using push notification or you are polling every 15 mins (the default setting)? For me polling always worked fine (I am on exchange 2007). Push is what is intermittent.

I thought it was push. But now that I look at the settings, Push is off and the fetch schedule is 15 minutes. I've had this for about 2 weeks and thought it was pushing email. I just learned something...

Robert