Email contacts way to many in it that i didn't put there

chuckpp

Reaction score
Today I went to send a email and it looks like I had way to many contacts
What has happen is every email that I have gotten has put there email address
in my contacts and have talk to a few other people and the same thing has happen to them.
Talk to customers serivce and they couldn't fix it and he got a droid 3 phone and open
a email account and the same thing happen to him.He call motorola and they said they had no updates
but couldn't fix it...

Any thoughts

chuck

nu2droid

Reaction score
Are you using the corporate sync? If so, in settings uncheck "sync contacts"

Which email are you using, stock or 3rd party?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
C

chuckpp

Reaction score
Are you using the corporate sync? If so, in settings uncheck "sync contacts"

Which email are you using, stock or 3rd party?

I can't find corporate contacts..Help

I use the email that came on the phone ..pop

tks chuck

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
Are you syncing Outlook for your contacts? Outlook has both contacts and suggested contacts. The suggested contacts are the e-mail addresses of people you have mailed. It sounds like those are getting synced too. I'm on Exchange so I'm not familiar with POP configuration, but I'd check your e-mail client to see if it's syncing both.

OP
C

chuckpp

Reaction score
Are you syncing Outlook for your contacts? Outlook has both contacts and suggested contacts. The suggested contacts are the e-mail addresses of people you have mailed. It sounds like those are getting synced too. I'm on Exchange so I'm not familiar with POP configuration, but I'd check your e-mail client to see if it's syncing both.

I have outlook express and it doesn't sync my
contacts.This just started over the weeked.
Also when my wife got home last night I check
her phone and she has all kinds of extra contacts
she is a teacher and everybody from her school is now
in her contacts.I think from when they send group emails.
I also know somebody else with a different droid phone
and its dping the same thing.

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
I have outlook express and it doesn't sync my
contacts.

Ok. Just how are your contacts (the ones that are supposed to be there) getting on your phone? If you're not syncing to populate them, are they just contacts you put in manually? AFAIK, hitting a POP server only gets mail. It shouldn't be populating contacts, so they must be coming from somewhere else.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Also, if you open your contacts app, hit the menu button and select display settings. Look thru there. There you can choose to display or not display additional contacts (ie the ones imported because of emails).
Try that

truebluebpb

Reaction score
I notice that everyone that I became "friends" on my Facebook are now in my contacts list. I didn't put them there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

nu2droid

Reaction score
That's in the "my accounts". When you setup fb there is a sync option. If you using the dlna I think there is an option in there also.

You can use the facebook app and not put it in the "my account" also. But either way there is a sync friend option.

I unchecked mine awhile ago, I twas annoying me.

OP
C

chuckpp

Reaction score
Ok. Just how are your contacts (the ones that are supposed to be there) getting on your phone? If you're not syncing to populate them, are they just contacts you put in manually? AFAIK, hitting a POP server only gets mail. It shouldn't be populating contacts, so they must be coming from somewhere else.

Correct I only put contacts in manually but it now looks like when I get a email ,it puts it into my contacts.
as I got a group email and now all of thoses names are in my contacts list..

tks chuck