Email client for 2.1 missing from Ultimate Droid

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by securelpb, Apr 3, 2010.

1. securelpb

securelpb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I loaded Ultimate Droid 9.0 onto my Droid and found that the email client (not the gmail app) was gone. I admit that I am kind of a noob with custom ROMs, but Verizion's failure to add the 3D launcher and 7 screens was too much for me to take. Now I need to get my email client back. Please don't tell me this was taken out of 2.1!

Thanks,
    Alex

2. choklitcow

choklitcow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Index of /droid/options/extraprograms

If using sprecovery rename it to update.zip.
    If using rom manager, just use the update from zip on sd card and you don't have to rename it.

Welcome to the boards. Also, in the least rude of way possible, utilize the search feature on the boards. This question gets asked a lot, and you'd get your solution much quicker through it!

#2 choklitcow, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  3. securelpb

securelpb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so much choklitcow. I must say I am at a loss as to what I should have searched for. I searched "email app", "email client" and even just "email" and found nothing about this, but I had the nagging suspicion that I had failed when I made this thread.

Either way thanks alot. I loaded with sprecovery and and it works great. I was ready to go back to stock for this, so it has been a huge help.

Thanks

4. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Thank you for helping him...fellow Otter.

-=C=-