Email Check Frequency problem

EdVal

Reaction score
Oh btw..I have a gmail account.

I went into the settings...had my business email pulled into there via the pop3 settings and even had it respond from my business email so that worked great. Set it up on my Droid phone for the gmail to come in along with the business email.

Worked good for the first few minutes..was going to delete my other account and just sync with gmail...then the gmail's were just all over the place.

I got emails in my gmail acct on the droid from 3 months ago as the 'newest' ones? I saw the same day ones..hit refresh and it brought in OLDER ones and removed the newest ones..what is up with that?

I had to delete my gmail sync from the phone now cuz that was more annoying.

Funny thing is I deleted the gmail from the email app on the Droid but am still getting the emails from the gmail email..WTH?? LOL

So I get notices of NEW GMAIL emails..I go into the account and it says 26 new ones...I scroll down and don't see any.......scroll down and more come up....scroll down and more come up. It's like you can't hit the bottom, just adds more and more emails. Then I found them...viewed them...and it says 30 new emails...it's like I can never catch up..what...the hell>>>>>????

Last edited:

EdVal

Reaction score
Ok I went into my Gmail account via PC

The 'unread' ones are the ones that are still being downloaded from my server (business email) so I couldn't read them on the droid and mark them read. So I guess I have to wait for all of the emails to be pulled in (over 1000).

But if I deleted the gmail account from the Droid how is it that I am still getting them? LOL Cuz it sync's with Google Talk?

laconic

Reaction score
There seem to be two unrelated problems with the email client when accessing accounts using POP3: 1. Failure of deleted or read messages to stay deleted or read, and 2. POP3 polling not happening.

I have been plagued by both problems, but with respect to second one, I have made an interesting discovery. When I moved one of two POP3 accounts to a third party email program (K-9), the one that remained on the native mail client started fetching mail correctly, and hasn't experienced a failure since (before, it would never go more than a day without stopping). The account I moved to K-9 also fetches mail reliably, though I find the K-9 interface uglier and harder to read. So it may be that having more than one account on the native client causes or exacerbates the email-fetching issues.

EdVal

Reaction score
There seem to be two unrelated problems with the email client when accessing accounts using POP3: 1. Failure of deleted or read messages to stay deleted or read, and 2. POP3 polling not happening.

I have been plagued by both problems, but with respect to second one, I have made an interesting discovery. When I moved one of two POP3 accounts to a third party email program (K-9), the one that remained on the native mail client started fetching mail correctly, and hasn't experienced a failure since (before, it would never go more than a day without stopping). The account I moved to K-9 also fetches mail reliably, though I find the K-9 interface uglier and harder to read. So it may be that having more than one account on the native client causes or exacerbates the email-fetching issues.

Ok well I set up Gmail and added the account as an email client with the app

I deleted it after, but Gmail is an app already installed in the Droid so I get my same email in both accounts

But low and behold I am getting all my emails now. Not sure if sync'ing it up with gmail kicked them both up to par...but I get the same emails in each account. Sure it's a bit of a pain getting the same email twice (one via biz account, once via gmail) but that fact that I get them now makes it all better.

I did change it to "delete off server" option though (forgot where that was)

shacim2002

Reaction score
droid is wakiing me up @ night

I don't see a coniguration to NOT check gmail from, say 7am - 10 pm. I am getting notifications all night.

Anyone else woke up today at 4:20?

Last edited:

Silver Member
Reaction score
email is 24hrs. you'd need a third party app to fix that. i have my mail notifications set to silent and vibrate only.

kinhell

Reaction score
If you spot a 3rd party app that does that, could you post.. this isn't a Droid issue, more an Android OS thing.

Juato4

Reaction score
I have a work email pop3, is not a gmail account. Well, i have putted to be notified in 1 hour if i have new emails... the problem is the phone didnt check the emails and didnt have the notifications... only if i enter on the "Mail" application i have the new emails.. if i didnt enter, this didnt check the emails.

What is the problem?.

I have APNdroid installed and i have desactivated the 3g 2g grps. But i have configurated the WIFI to stay connected always.

Any suggest? Is a common problem, a bug?, or i am making something bad?.

Thanks for read!.