Email background too grey and it makes the email list hard to read...

jrjordan

Reaction score
Love the Note 2. The battery is great and the screen is exceptional!!

One problem I have with it...the email list is hard to read. It seems to be grey (the color behind the text) when you are looking at all the emails, but when you click on an email the background is white.

The grey background makes it very hard to read the text.

Any suggestions on how to change the grey background?

silentsecret

Reaction score
If it turns grey background you have read it. Hold your finger on it mark as unread..

OP
J

jrjordan

Reaction score
If it turns grey background you have read it. Hold your finger on it mark as unread..

Hey SilentSecret, thanks for the help and yes, I understand that, but if I mark the emails I have read as unread I will not exactly know when I get new ones.

I guess my question is...how do I turn the gray into white (after reading) and maybe make the unread ones gray?

The gray background makes the light text hard to read.

Any other suggestions?

musicmelanie3

Reaction score
Love the Note 2. The battery is great and the screen is exceptional!!

One problem I have with it...the email list is hard to read. It seems to be grey (the color behind the text) when you are looking at all the emails, but when you click on an email the background is white.

The grey background makes it very hard to read the text.

Any suggestions on how to change the grey background?

Are you sure that your problem isn't because "auto brightness" is checked under your system's display settings?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Droid Forums

silentsecret

Reaction score
You will know when you get new ones because they will be in your notifications and all emails are time stamped. You wanted a answer to your viewing issue I gave you one. If there was a beter solution I would have put it. Sorry :/

jseah

Reaction score
Perhaps you might want to try a different email app like K9?

OP
J

jrjordan

Reaction score
Thanks!

I appreciate the input, from everyone!

It was the auto brightness setting, less white is better for the battery so it seams and I have heard.

I ended up downloading K9 and it works well. I can see the email summary, so this may work.

Again, much obliged!