Email App

skipt07

Reaction score
I just bought my first Droid, so I am still getting use to it. I set up my email account choosing that email be checked every 15 minutes. That turned out to be annoying so I changed it to hourly. For some reason this setting keeps changing back to every 15 min. I also changed the ringtone notification sound, but it keeps changing back to the default. After I made the changes I saw no place to touch to save the changes. I made the changes by opening the email app then touching menu> account settings> Email check frequency>Every hour. I also made the change for the ringtone on this screen. Am I doing something wrong that the changes I've made aren't being remembered? Thanks for any help you can offer!! :greendroid:

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
I just bought my first Droid, so I am still getting use to it. I set up my email account choosing that email be checked every 15 minutes. That turned out to be annoying so I changed it to hourly. For some reason this setting keeps changing back to every 15 min. I also changed the ringtone notification sound, but it keeps changing back to the default. After I made the changes I saw no place to touch to save the changes. I made the changes by opening the email app then touching menu> account settings> Email check frequency>Every hour. I also made the change for the ringtone on this screen. Am I doing something wrong that the changes I've made aren't being remembered? Thanks for any help you can offer!! :greendroid:

I noticed this once, After I changed the settings to what i wanted. I had to use the back button to go back to my inbox, then exit out by pressing home. I think if you press home while in settings it never saves...

OP
skipt07

skipt07

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks GB,
I tried your suggestion and BUDDA BING, the settings have not changed since!! Thanks again! :icon_ banana:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the droid x email client is anything like the droid 1's then nobody should use it. It is buggy and doesn't have the features of K9.

OP
skipt07

skipt07

Reaction score
Hi ami,
Sorry for not responding sooner. I didn't receive notification of your reply through my gmail account. I appreciate your input on K9. I looked at the reviews on the program and am still undecided. While it has a lot of features, that wasn't my main reason for posting my question. I was trying to figure out how to get my changes to be saved. I haven't done any emailing with my Droid at this point. I mostly wanted access to my email account more so to know what was being sent rather then making immediate replies. I am still considering the K9 program. As of this point in time I haven't had any problems with the email program that comes preloaded on the Droid. But, as I mentioned before, I haven't sent any emails either. Thanks :)