email app

Mdade1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an email app that will show the sender from the home screen?

also is there a way to turn off the flashing green led when a new email arrives?

Thanks,

dsigrist

Reaction score
Droid EMail App

The standard EMail app that was loaded on the Droid when I purchased it works reasonably well, except for one very serious problem.

When I use email on my PC or Droid, it uses the IMAP protocol. That is, it uses a process in which it attempts to create a complete duplicate of the email data base from the server on my PC. This insures that I have access to all of my folders even if the server is down. When the server is available, the two sets of data on the corporate server and the PC are the same. The two data bases are in synch.

When you connect the Droid, it does the same thing. It creates a complete duplicate of my email data base from the server to the phone - all 20,000 messages. This is not only a waste of energy and space, it can be a security risk of the phone is stolen or lost.

What is needed, for IMAP protocols, is a simple filter that only downloads a finite number of days in the past - in the Inbox, Sent, Junk, Delete, and Subject folders.

The Blackberry :blackberry: does this. Why not the Droid :reddroid:? This is so serious that we may have to drop the Droid for business use :mad:. Any how many customers would Verizon lose if this happened?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Blackberry :blackberry: does this. Why not the Droid :reddroid:? This is so serious that we may have to drop the Droid for business use :mad:.
Why are you assuming that the stock email app is the only option? The Droid isn't like the BB. There are other email apps to choose from. Have you checked out the alternatives to see if any of them provide the feature(s) that you need?

Any how many customers would Verizon lose if this happened?
You'd have to ask Verizon. Personally, I wouldn't deploy the Droid in a corporate setting. With apps you can get Exchange security policy support but there's little to no centralized management tools.

Last edited: