Email app

condor12

Reaction score
I using the regular non-gmail app. Once it downloads new messages the old ones disappear. If i hit "load more messages" i get the old ones back. I fear that an email i want save wont be there. I dont see a setting to change this. I dont see a way to save a message either.
Any help?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ffactoryxx

Reaction score
What type of email are you using? Gmail? Exchange?

OP
C

condor12

Reaction score
pop3

Sent fromPop my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Press Menu and choose Sync options. See what you have set for "Days to sync"

OP
C

condor12

Reaction score
If you're talking about "check inbox frequency " it's set for five minutes. Otherwise any settings menu brings me to the settings for the email where there are no sync settings. If i check sync settings from the main settings menu it brings me back to the same place.
Thanks for the help though

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you're talking about "check inbox frequency " it's set for five minutes. Otherwise any settings menu brings me to the settings for the email where there are no sync settings. If i check sync settings from the main settings menu it brings me back to the same place.
Thanks for the help though

I'm using an Exchange account so maybe it's a little different, but I have the option of how many days worth of messages appear in my inbox. I have it set to 3 days, so anything older than that doesn't populate.

daryls61

Reaction score
So I have a gmail account, yahoo account, roadrunner account and a work exchange email account. The email app receives new email fine but it does not seem be able to sync properly. I go to yahoo on my pc, delete emails and keep what I need. The app will still display the deleted emails. Ex. I have 5 emails in my yahoo email account but app says I have 65. Yes, I deleted all emails out of trash and spam on pc. Same with gmail and roadrunner but work email updates properly.

Thoughts??

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

NiteCloak

Reaction score
I'm having much the same issue and getting a little weary of manually syncing to get the Gmail app to recognize what has been done in my account on a PC. For the timebeing I have been using K9-Mail (free) which I love anyway.

daryls61

Reaction score
One solution I found is to not set up yahoo email using the yahoo icon and use the other email icon instead. Going it this way syncs the email correctly. Something seems wrong with the yahoo icon email addition process.

Tseug

Reaction score
I set up multiple hotmail accounts in the email app and now when I receive mail for either one it goes off twice and puts them in the same inbox. I also can't find any way to delete the accounts. Anybody experiencing similar issues or able to find out how to delete an account?

reybie

Reaction score
Go to Messaging app, bring up the Menu, and select Manage Accounts, click the account you want to delete, scroll down and click Remove Account.

Tseug

Reaction score
I go to messaging, it has universal inbox, text messaging, and my hotmail accounts. I click menu and manage accounts and all it has in there is gmail.

Tseug

Reaction score
Opened up email app, on the left I clicked the dropdown then clicked + New Account, then choose email account (other option is corporate sync) then I clicked Windows Live Hotmail. I am not a regular user, I am a computer expert and if there was any easy way I would have found it. This is just sort of weird situation. I liked the old email I had on my OG droid, even worked well in cyanogen.

Tseug

Reaction score
Anybody have thoughts on this?