Email app not sending notifications

Krenzy

Reaction score
Hey. Besides using the stock Gmail app, I also use the stock Email app for my hotmail account. For the last I don't know how long, I haven't been getting notifications about new emails...and I've missed out on some activities and purchases because of it. There no longer seems to be an option in the settings for the frequency of updates, and usually when I manually hit the refresh button it doesn't show new emails. Then two or three says later I show 50 new emails. This is asinine. Please help!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Krenzy said:
Hey. Besides using the stock Gmail app, I also use the stock Email app for my hotmail account. For the last I don't know how long, I haven't been getting notifications about new emails...and I've missed out on some activities and purchases because of it. There no longer seems to be an option in the settings for the frequency of updates, and usually when I manually hit the refresh button it doesn't show new emails. Then two or three says later I show 50 new emails. This is asinine. Please help!

Are you sure your email is synced and notifications are selected? I

jeff70

Reaction score
I never had any luck getting the Motorola email app to work correctly, I would get long delays till email would be delivered to my phone and after trying multiple ways to fix the problem that had no success I decided to move on from using the stock email app

I added my Hotmail/Live and Verizon.net email accounts to my Gmail account so all my mail can be accessed in one place, connecting to my one main Gmail account using the Gmail App I have never had any problems with getting email pushed to my phone as soon as it hits my inbox

if you want to use two different apps for email there are other alternatives to the Motorola Email app like K-9 Mail or Microsoft's Hotmail app for Android

OP
K

Krenzy

Reaction score
How can I add my hotmail account to my Gmail account?

I've never had a problem at all with the stock email app until after my factory reset.

OP
K

Krenzy

Reaction score
I hate to be a pain but I tried to follow the directions in that link but I cannot find the options for adding a POP3 account. There is nothing in my app resembling that, and on the website itself I found the settings and account areas but not the additional steps.

jeff70

Reaction score
I hate to be a pain but I tried to follow the directions in that link but I cannot find the options for adding a POP3 account. There is nothing in my app resembling that, and on the website itself I found the settings and account areas but not the additional steps.

Import email and contacts from another email provider - Gmail Help

if you still can't get it to work or figure it out you may find an easier explaination of the process by trying to google something along the lines of "adding Hotmail account to Gmail" or try the same search on YouTube to find videos demonstrating how to add accounts to Gmail

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Krenzy said:

Just forward your hotmail email to gmail.

Caesars

Reaction score
I too had issues with changing the freq, and it's because you can't easily do it. You have to delete the hotmail account and re-add it. Once you do this-during setup you can set the frequency :) (and only by doing this), hope this helps mate.

Googorola MAXX

aarong03

Reaction score

I use the hotmail app. Works great on my MAXX. Also with the Motorola email app I had to keep deleting and adding my Hotmail account on GB and ICS. I used this app and have not had a problem since.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...lt#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5ob3RtYWlsLlo3Il0.
:icon_ devil:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Hotmail app is good but the only bad thing about it, it only shows 30 days of email

nyvideo

Reaction score
I had a lot of issues with the stock app where it would stop getting mail or not notify me. I tried K9 and others and had similar issues where it would hang and not get mail for a while.
Someone suggested AquaMail and that solved all my issues. Mail has been 100% reliable, with push working well. I had some questions and siggestions and the developer responds fast. Great app!