email app missing

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by TemplesOfSyrinx, Feb 6, 2010.

1. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    rooted using sholesmod 2.02. Everything works great however I do not have an email app, only my gmail app. I used the email app for my hotmail, comcast and work email retrieval. How can I get this app back? Thanks in advance.

2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Temple,

You will have to find a copy of the ap, and try to manually install, which takes a bit of skill.

There is a work around that let's you use gmail to reroute (up to 6 I think) other pop3 accounts to gmail, where they are pushed to the phone. It does work well, and depending on whether you have to have seperation between gmail and work, might be a solution. I can try and find the link if this route might interest you.

I am currently testing this workaround, and it is kinda neat, having work emails pushed to the phone, rather than have them pulled from e-mail. And they are not deleted on my e-mail server so they are still available to outlook express.

Still trying to test battery life of having gmail syncing 24-7 v. gmail off and e-mail polling every hour or so.

Craig

3. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've searched for the stock droid email app with no success so far. I don't know if I can push my work email to gmail, but I will try.

4. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hotmail will not allow me to forward to gmail or to comcast. Time to get rid of hotmail I guess.

5. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

This is the link, and it does work. It's just a little different, but kinda cool, as you get the push, if that is important. Plus you can set it up so your replys appear to the sendee as coming from your pop3 account.

As to the emial app, might have better luck over at alldroid in the sholes developer section asking for the file. Might depend on whether your system is deodexed, which I am sure it is, so you have to be careful snagging any old e-mail ap.

Craig

6. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.

7. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Works great. Hotmail sucks anyway. Work, hotmail and gmail all together. Thanks againg for your help.

8. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Great. I am sorta liking the push. One thing worth mentioning is that if you are ever in situations where your 3g is not solid, the google sync seems to really chew up battery life. I guess the phone just sits and burns up battery, trying to get a 3g connection. Unfortunately my only 3g at home is with the phone within about 10 feet of our Wilson repeater, so I have to keep an eye on my sync:)

Craig

9. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    2.0.2 removed the stock mail app unless you unchecked it....

Search tags for this page
android email app is missing

android email app missing

android email client missing
android mail app missing
email app missing
email app missing android
lost email app android
missing android email app
missing mail app on android
my email app on my android disappeared