Email accounts

droid4jen

Reaction score
Hello I am new droid user and new to this forum.
My first problem is - I cannot get my yahoo email to work on the phone. I also have a ymail email address and it will not work either. I get the message "cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding."
So I went into the verizon store and the guy said the Eris doesnt allow free email accounts???? I can't believe this is true, I only have free yahoo and ymail accounts. Is it possible to get these loaded on my Eris?

My next question - I ended up creating a gmail account. If I can't load my yahoo accounts onto the phone, can I load 3 different gmail accounts onto the phone. Can someone explain this, if possible.

Thanks in advance for you help and suggestions!!
Jen

xfeathersx

Reaction score
Yahoo mail is not supported at this time...December 11th give or take a day will have the fix for it...

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem right now as well. I use to be able to connect to my yahoo mail just fine with the native email app. I had it set up on Imap. I go to check my mail today about a few minutes ago and I keep getting a "Incorrect username or password." I delete the account and try to reset it but I'm still running into the same issue and I can't connect to the yahoo mail server as well.

OP
D

droid4jen

Reaction score
Thanks! Good to know there is an update coming, otherwise the phone would be going back :)

Fairfax22032

Reaction score
My next question - I ended up creating a gmail account. If I can't load my yahoo accounts onto the phone, can I load 3 different gmail accounts onto the phone. Can someone explain this, if possible.

Thanks in advance for you help and suggestions!!
Jen

My understanding is that support for multiple Gmail accounts will be available with 2.0.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yahoo Mail

I still have Yahoo mail pushing to both my Moto Droid and my daughter's Droid Eris. I used the same settings for both - the ones that are posted in several places. Here are those settings again:

Incoming Server Settings:
UserName - your yahoo email account address
Password - your yahoo account password
IMAP server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port - 143
Security type - none
IMAP path prefix - (none)

Outgoing Server Settings:
SMTP server - smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
Potr - 587
Security type - none
Require Sign in - "checked"

mhotovec

Reaction score
If nothing else, you should be able to go to mail.yahoo.com to log and read your mail. At that point it's just another web site.

JackButler

Reaction score
Ah, just got it! think I've always missed the "mobile" in the second part!
Crap, whoo hoo working and my default.
I set it to check only every 2 hours and gmail every 4.

danajo

Reaction score
OK I put in the incoming serving settings and then I get a error"unable to open connection to server". I never get to the outgoing server settings page. Please, Please help me. I really need my email.

alwerner

Reaction score
OK I put in the incoming serving settings and then I get a error"unable to open connection to server". I never get to the outgoing server settings page. Please, Please help me. I really need my email.

Do you have WiFi turned on? IMAP for Yahoo does not work with WiFi on. It's a limitation of Yahoo. If you have Yahoo Plus you get POP3 access which will allow you to get Yahoo mail with or without WiFi on.

There is some fix coming in 2.0.1 that is suppose to improve the Yahoo connectivity but we don't know the details.

DroidFan

Reaction score

uncleP

Reaction score
yahoo set up

So my yahoo mail is set up correctly, I assume, because I can read my emails. Now, how do I log out of Yahoo? seems to me the in box is always active. Advise, pls. Thx.

tishabarr

Reaction score
I'm trying to add my hotmail acct, so I pressed add acct and selected corporate b/c that was the only option, and it said it can't connect to the server. Did I do something wrong?

Greg1234

Reaction score
THANKS TatDroid! Got my Eris Friday night and couldn't get into my att.net e-mail. VZ rep told me last night I had to buy POP + because Google and Yahoo were not agreeing on terms. Your directions (and the video posted elsewhere on this forum) worked GREAT! Now to set up the other 3 ERIS' in the family.