'Ello Everyone

Twitch043

Reaction score
You may call me Ben if you like, it doesn't really matter.

Today, in roughly an hour and a half, I shall be going to a local wireless dealer and getting myself a Motorola Droid. Definitely a jump up; my last phone was... well... just a flip phone with a camera, really. And I don't currently have any texting on my plan, so this is going to be a huge jump when I get this sucker. XD.

Anyway, I do believe I'm going to love the heck outta this phone, but I do occasionally hear that there are some battery life problems. I also hear that there are things you can do to make the battery life last a lot longer [something about process managing, which I would know nothing of if we're not talking about a PC].

Anyway, I'm rambling. So yes, getting a Droid later, super excited. I shall be back on later tonight to share my first-day experience, perhaps. XD.

Cheers!

HDTVsportsfan

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyway, I do believe I'm going to love the heck outta this phone, but I do occasionally hear that there are some battery life problems. I also hear that there are things you can do to make the battery life last a lot longer [something about process managing, which I would know nothing of if we're not talking about a PC]. Cheers!

Welcome to Droidforums Ben.

Here is a link w/ some info on battery from Motorolas site.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ery-life-there-any-tips-how-extend-batte.html

*process manager*.....you may be referring to Task Killer programs/Apps. Many believe they are not needed and really don't help that much w/ battery life.

OP
Twitch043

Twitch043

Reaction score
Well, I am currently happier than most Christmases in my life. This phone is amazing. It's doing everything that I wanted it to.

The best part? I have dial-up internet at my house, and I just tried/am trying this PdaNet thing... OH MY GOD. It's AWESOME.

I could cry right now. XD. I love this so much.

HDTVsportsfan

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dial-up *shiver*

I'm glad your happy and enjoying your experience w/ your new phone. I hope you can continue to enjoy. There are many very cool things you can do with it as you get more familiar with the phone and browse this site.