EL Brightness

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by sixpackcuda, Mar 11, 2011.

1. sixpackcuda

sixpackcuda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so.. right before I updated to 5.1 I had the 'EL Brightness' in Chevy's tools turned way down. I'll turn this setting on and off as I need it. Well, I had it on when I updated only to find out that this setting is no longer available in Chevy's tools. Now I think it's "stuck" on...

Any ideas? I poked around in the Cyanogen mod setting and can't seem to remedy the situation. But then again, I'm not very smart, and cyanogen is complicated.

Also, this is probably just me, but I don't particularly care for this Cyanogen business. I liked things MUCH more when it was just Chevytools. Seems like every setting I liked from chevy tools is being taken over by cyanogen. Idk.. I can deal with it, just my personal opinion.
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    ;)

Actually the same brightness settings are in the STOCK display settings and not under CM - and really there are only a couple of options that are in his settings that also were in mine (ie. browser agent) ...
  3. sixpackcuda

sixpackcuda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really? I just looked in there & nothing seemed to make a difference. When I turn my screen off, then back on again, it's REALLY dark. It won't go back to it's normal brightness until I go into the display settings, or tap the brightness button on the power widget to cycle thru the different settings. Sorry, I wish I could explain this better, I just know that something's not right.

And I'll have to apologize for my ignorance, all these changes confuse my small brain. Then I get on the internet after a few beers & start spouting nonsense. Thanks for your reply though.
  4. jeston

jeston Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say a wipe is in order, that's definitely not right. There are no settings to be "stuck" that mess with the brightness anymore.

On a side note, I absolutely love having the EL brightness integrated into the normal brightness settings so I can finally use a settings profile to make it really dark for when I use my phone at night as my clock.
  5. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    No worries! I had to laugh at the few beers comment though, I hear ya!

OK - I would also suggest a wipe .. something is buried in your settings now. Alternatively - you can wait for the next build, as I see something that MAY still be causing your problem ...
  6. rmart88

rmart88 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    ugvhjgvlhjgv jgjghjh my gf is awesome do you guys have this widget....nNOPE because youall are sitting in front of your computadoras and talking abotu your phone....and you ask...why dont i have a gf? ...ps please give my bf back. thank you
  7. rmart88

rmart88 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Wow, sorry guys, my girlfriend got ahold my computer for a minute. she hates my phone and this forum lol.
  8. rmart88

rmart88 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    anyway, back to my comment....

so my phone will not stay on the set brightness. i use the notification widget to toggle between Dim and 100%. when i set it to dim, and go into any application, it reverts back to 100%.

I had a similar issue in 5.00 where it would always revert back to dim... fixed it by turning off chevys setting for EL brightness... now that the setting is gone, idk how to fix it

Wiped three times before flash. using RZRecovery. coming from 5.01.

EDIT: Just saw in the release thead that this is fixed in the next version. Thanks Chevy!! you Rock!
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  9. sixpackcuda

sixpackcuda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya, beer is good... and stuff ;)

Aha! A wipe! Sometimes the most obvious solutions escape me. It's not a huge deal, everything else seems to be working alright for me. Thanks for the heads up Chevy, maybe I'll just hold out for the next build. See what happens & go from there.

Thanks for your input bros.
  10. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I snorted halfway through reading this... stopped in to inform that you owe me a new soft keyboard ;p
  11. sixpackcuda

sixpackcuda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I thought that girlfriend post was pretty hilarious :)
  12. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    Ha ha, are you referring to that metal song about beer? That was hilarious!!
  13. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    Yea I did too, lol!

BTW - do you currently own a 6packcuda? If so - AWESOME!
  14. sixpackcuda

sixpackcuda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hella

Haha, Heck yes! I wasn't sure if anyone would get the reference. Psychostick is hilarious! Don't know if you've seen their video on youtube, but it's a good one.

Sweet lord, I wish I owned a 'Cuda. But.. I don't, I just admire them at car shows. The '70 AARs are the best. Too bad Plymouth is defunct. I do, however, have a '68 Chevy Impala. Handed down to me by my pops. It's a great car. Got big plans for it this summer! What about you Chevy? What've you got sittin' in the garage?
  15. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    Ha ha, yep, I got the reference immediately! Awesome song!

Very cool - love the Impala's ... what are your plans for it? To see my car - look for the easter egg, it's in settings, about phone, mod version ;)