Educational tablet customization

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by toho, Jun 30, 2014.

1. toho

toho New Member

I am working on a small nonprofit project to bring educational tablers to rural areas of Thailand.
    I would like to ask you guys to help me out with the task. There are 100 chinese tablets donated.
    I am looking for a way to upload multiple educational apps at once and customize the tablet look and feel, so far I have found solution to upload multiple APKs with mass-apk-installer

For customization I have found Themer, which unfortunately is not compatibile with the tablet.
    Then I came across Desktop VisualizeR this one looks promising, but customizing manually 100 tablets will be ages of manual work.

I have also posted here and received some suggestions, but none of theme were working. I will try to be more specific with the goal I am trying to achieve.

At the end I will have lets say 20 APKs with educational games. I would like to change the home screen so every one has different background and customized big icons,
    preferably 4x bigger than original size. The 'icons' should have custom descriptions. At the end I would like to fully customize one tablet and have some kind of solution to easily port all settings and customizations to rest 99 tablets.

image.jpg

I would kindly request specific answer to my problem, not links to general tutorials. Please help me out! The kids will grately appreciate your help.
  2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey DF Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to the Forum.

I am wondering how your project differs from the failed and abandoned Thai scheme.

Are all these tablets exactly the same? Do they all have root access? Which version of Android is installed?
  3. toho

toho New Member

Hello and thanks for welcoming!

First of all its small local project in Buriram province backed by group of private people. We are now testing solutions and trying to deliver a working device to get more funding.

Yes, all tablets are exactly the same. They dont have root access, but this can be arranged if neccessary. android version 4.2.2
  4. Jeffrey

Do you know the highest resolution these tablets are capable of?
  5. toho

toho New Member

1280x800 model is Mondo 7001Q
  6. Jeffrey

Search tags for this page

educational games for android tablets