Editting Build.Prop

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Ragnell, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Ragnell

Ragnell New Member

From what I've gathered I must edit the build.prop for this OTA Update that verzion sent out for the droid for me to stop getting that annoying update every 30mins or so, I haven't see any guides or listing of how to edit the build.prop, any help on that?
  2. Ragnell

Ragnell New Member

No help with 40+ views?
  3. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Take a number. Get in line. Deal with it. I've got threads here and elsewhere with 100's of views and no answers. My personal favorites are the questions/requests that I make in threads that are flat out ignored, i.e. posts above and below are answered, but not mine. BooHoo. Me? I just man up. dancedroid

To edit the build.prop file you'll either want to do it with gedit (linux) or notepad++ (windows). Find the line that says 2.2 and change it to 2.2.1 and/or same thing FRG22D -> FRG83D.

Is it that hard?

good luck
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  4. Ragnell

Ragnell New Member

No more aggression or anger :)
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  5. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

You are right and I am totally in the wrong, so please forgive me. It does irk me when I see a post like that though. You waited about three hours to bump your thread with that comment. This is a forum site where people freely exchange knowledge and ideas when they can. It doesn't cost anything to post here, and you don't have to pay for the solutions posted. If I start a thread (and I have) that gets 100-200 views over a course of a week or more without a single reply, I just figure that no one knows a solution for me. And I usually wait a day as this is the internet and everyone here lives in different time zones and has different schedules and this is not their job. I usually go through here once or twice a day to make posts and then to reply to posts I have made and then go on.

I hope the previous paragraph is not taken as further attitude towards you; I just tried to explain why I came off with an attitude that you found so offensive. I take it that the part you bolded and pointed out was of some help to you, so please give me a tiny bit of credit for that. At least I did post something of use instead of a total 'attack' as you took it to be.

I am glad you got your solution and again forgive me for my wrong.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  6. Ragnell

Ragnell New Member

Thanks man, takes a real man to admit that, I know we have all our days when we see **** and just makes us mad, depending on how we act on it it could make us better or worse, My respect of you has greatly increased because of this, thank you, Hope you have a good day, and I do thank you for the tip of the Notepad ++ thing :icon_ banana:
  7. nibblit

nibblit New Member

Wow! Are you married? If not, will you marry me? ;)

Sent from my marginally bricked D2.
Search tags for this page

build prop definitions

build prop editor windows

edit build.prop from windows

editing build.prop gedit
windows build prop editor for windows