[Editorial] Now That Samsung Was Found Liable, What are the Potential Ramifications?

silverfang77

Reaction score
The patent system as it is now allows the rich to fatten themselves at others' expense.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Well, this is about to go in circles for awhile. Especially since one of the jurors basically admitted that they skipped over the whole prior art issue because they just couldn't agree on it. Jury of peers eh? More like jury of boneheads.

Beardface

Reaction score
Well, this is about to go in circles for awhile. Especially since one of the jurors basically admitted that they skipped over the whole prior art issue because they just couldn't agree on it. Jury of peers eh? More like jury of boneheads.
If thats the case, the verdict is outrageous, cause thats the basis of a hung jury.

If they can't agree on the main argument that Samsung was presenting, then they did not come to a unified conclusion. They couldn't agree on the subject, so they threw it out of consideration, basically telling Samsung that this whole trial was a screwjob?

Thats horsecrap. Its bad enough that the judge disallowed most of Samsung's evidence in court, but now we find out that of the remaining information that they were allowed to present, the jury completely ignored it? Who in the hell did Apple pay off to get this?

GAstorino

Reaction score
I am curious if people are thinking what I am that Apple might end up being forced to be broken up as a monopoly being it is getting too big and taking too large a share of the market. I think it keep putting itself out there as a target for such things. Instead of pushing out new technology it seems their whole marketing goal is one of lawsuits now. They didn't create the GUI, they didn't create a phone, they didn't create the mp3 player. They were near banckruptcy till Microsoft bailed them out with loans and created Office for the Mac. All they did was put a cleaner spin on someone elses inventions and patent ideas not actual product. All my friends have now said the lawsuit clinched it for them they are not buying into the new Apple phone and they are getting Androids. I think all these judges and juries around the world are being blinded by the GLITZ and mystic of Apple the company and not really looking at the realities. I hope they get knocked down a peg or two and come back to earth.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, Samsung just lost $12 Billion in market share due to this court case, the market is hammering them big time.

silverfang77

Reaction score
It's no less than Apple deserves. I hope they have a PR nightmare that ruins them. I looked forward to Google and Apple duking it out honorably in the free market, but after these dirty deeds, I hope Apple dies a withering death.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Androidatic

Reaction score
In the long run, this could actually hurt Apple more than it helps them, because they have effectively forced their competitors to think even further out of the box to remain competitive. Because of this, their competition is likely to change the rules of the game by creating a more disruptive technology. There are signs that this has already happened. Apple is now likely to release an iPad Mini, and an iPhone with a larger display. Both of these are reactive moves designed to keep up with the changes in the market brought on by Android.

This is good for us consumers. As Apple and Android push each other, we benefit. I don't think it will hurt Apple or Android, just make them better.