Editing Widgets in Tranquility 3.7

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by thersuperzman, Jan 20, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. thersuperzman

thersuperzman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi gang,

I am a former jailbreaking Iphone user, who tentatively went Android because of VZW's two for one deal. Very quickly I fell in love with Android. When I discovered the rooting possibilities, I got very excited.

While I am new, hopefully I can contribute in the not-to-distant future.

I rooted and am running Tranquility 3.7. I love it. The only issue I have is the inability to edit widgets (i.e. size, even some options). Additionally, is there anyway to change the shortcuts that show up on the launcher bar on the home page.

Your time and help is greatly appreciated.

v/r

PAZ
  2. taward09

taward09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forums! Fantastic decision on the Android, btw.

Now, you may be using the stock launcher on your phone. Only a few stock launchers have the ability to resize widgets, but most you can change the shortcuts. That, however, is irrelevant.

What you really want to do is either download a replacement launcher like LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher. Both do everything you want them to do. I use ADW.Launcher EX, the paid version, because it's incredibly fast and SUPER customizable.

Edit: This also has nothing to do with the current ROM you're running.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  3. thersuperzman

thersuperzman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

I actually have ADW launcher - but, when given the option - I set the Tranquility launcher as my default. I guess I'll go back and see if I can change it.

Thanks for the info!
  4. UTtheLofty

UTtheLofty New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Couple of ways to do that. Either download a new launcher/remove an existing one, or you can more easily go into settings->applications->manage applications, find Tranquility launcher and "clear defaults". This should clear it as your default home screen and allow you to rechoose.
Search tags for this page

editing tranquil rom home screen