editing widget design

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mskks64, Nov 4, 2010.

1. mskks64

mskks64 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I followed these instructions, but once I got to step 9 I got lost. where do i find this script.bat? Also what am I supposed to do on step 10 it does not make since? So can someone clear this up or just point me towards better instructions?

"1. Transfer the apk from your phone to your computer. It's probably in a place like data/app or data/data or the like
    2. Open the apk with 7zip. Do not extract the whole thing, just open it. Inside you'll see a folder called "res"; transfer that somewhere on your computer.
    3. Inside the res folder you'll see a bunch of folders. The images you want to edit are usually in a folder labeled "drawable", but you may have to look elsewhere
    4. Find the background image you want to edit. It might be labeled widget_bg or something helpful like that.
    5. Edit it how you want. In the case of transparency, you want to delete the background and make it entirely transparent. Save it in the same format and do not change the name. (Note- if your file has .9.png in it, you have to open your edited version using draw9xpatch or whatever in the Android SDK and save it through that as well)
    6. Drag the res folder with your modified images back into the archive, using 7zip. You might want to use a duplicate of the apk, just to have the original on hand in case something goes wrong.
    8. Place the modified apk into the place-apk-here-for-modding folder in the APK Manager folder
    9. Open up script.bat. Select your project using option 22.
    10. Do the following things- Extract APK (1), Zip APK (3), zip as regular apk (2), sign apk (4)"

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    Please tell us the source of these instructions. And then we can tell you where within that set of instructions that you should find the script.bat file you need.

good luck

3. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    Well, I thought it was going to be easy to point out the link in the post, or the OP of the thread, but it wasn't. So I suggest you go ahead over to that thread and ask the OP where the file is to be found. That is what I would do, and/or probably read the whole thread and post my questions in that thread.

good luck