1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Editing Icon Order in status bar?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Blackbird, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird New Member

I'd ideally like to move the battery indicator to the far right corner of the notification bar, I could delete the clock in the notifications but I'd really just like to know if it's possible to rearrange them without necessarily getting rid of something
  2. ColinScatt

ColinScatt New Member

I've wanted to know this is possible myself...I'm rooted and everything but have never heard of anyone else attempting or wanting to attempt this. Hopefully someone out there has some clue...

------------------------------------------------------------
    ItsTechKnowledgy.com
  3. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

You could put them where you want to. Doing it is another story. Nothing but trial and error there. You would need to get into the framework-res.apk of your ROM and then change each of those things positioning. I am almost positive those things are set on an x,y axis. You would need to move them to a new posistion, test it and see how it looks and keep moving it till you got it right.
  4. ColinScatt

ColinScatt New Member

Sick man I'm working now but can't wait to get home and experiment with it...Thanks for the help, might be cool!
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird New Member

hmm in the framework-res/res/drawable/layout folder there are a bunch of status_bar_xxx_xxx.xml files that i'm sure house the layout but are basically uneditable by conventional methods such as notepad, xml editors, etc.

Fairly sure it's got to be edited with a hex editor which is most likely going to be more of an issue than it's worth to me, but if you can figure it out for the rest of us that'd be more than awesome.

In the mean time i'll stick to manipulating the images...the easy stuff :)
Search tags for this page

android arrange status bar

android move status bar icons

android status bar icon order

android status bar icons order

arrange status bar android

arrange status bar icons android

how to arrange status bar icons android

how to arrange status bar on android

how to rearange the icon on the status bar on android
itstechknowledgy.com
move status bar icons android