1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Editing framwork of Custom ROM

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by joefuf, Dec 19, 2010.

1. joefuf

joefuf New Member

I have been trying to take the UltimateDroid and add a framework-res.apk that I took from RedMan's stock theme and flash it to my phone. I unzipped everything from the ROM, changed out the framework-res.apk file, and zipped it and put it on my SD card. I then used a program on my phone called SignAPKtic to sign the ZIP with a testkey and platform key and tried flashing it in SPRecovery.

The flashing gets to the verification stage, starts installing update, and gets aborted.

I am not signing the APK file because I was under the impression that by signing the zip all of the files inside of it get signed. Should I be signing the APK file itself? Is there another way that I should be signing the file? I tried using a bunch of different programs on my laptop, but I kept getting the java errors that say I don't have java installed (but I must have installed like five different java sdk packs).

If all I want to do is change out the framework-res and a few apps (like the Phone.apk) is there a better way to go about doing all of this? I tried to generate a simple theme, but I found that never built properly.

With BD constantly updating his ROM, it kind of makes it counter-intuitive to wait for a themer to make a basic theme such as a stock theme. If I could figure out how to do it myself, it would be a great advantage to be able to do everything on my own.

I have been scouring the internet for guides and help and how-tos but it seems that people have really kept this knowledge to themselves. Anything that you guys can tell me would be greatly appreciated.