1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Editing Boot animation images

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Coolsaber57, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble editing the images in a bootanimation.

When I opened them in GIMP, it wouldn't let me change the color balance/hue unless it was converted from Indexed to RGB. So I did so, then edited the files, converted them back to Indexed (because I figured they had to be) but when I boot it up, it shows the first image, then gets stuck there.

I can open the files in GIMP and they show up fine.

What format do the .png's have to be in? Indexed? If so, is there a specific setting that I need to use?

Thanks!
  2. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Any advice?
  3. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Indexed/RGB/Grayscale...etc.. doesn't matter. I've done a few BA's in several formats. and all have worked well.

It sounds like you may have a problem with when you're zipping up the files.
    Make sure you use "store" for compression method.
    That's usually the first culprit with a BA showing only one image or a black screen.

If that doesn't fix it, post back and maybe I can look into it further for you.
  4. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Yeah, I tried that using both winzip and 7zip with "store" or no compression. I'm going to keep trying, but is there a specific number of colors it's supposed to have? 256?
  5. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Nah, there's no limit on colors. But some colors do show up different on the phone than they do in the original pictures.
    A while back I tried making something gold....and on the phone it turned an ugly pale reddish-yellow.
Search tags for this page

bootanimation indexed colors

bootanimation rgb