1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Editing a theme?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by nfcrockett, Mar 17, 2010.

1. nfcrockett

nfcrockett New Member

I'm having problems with moving images from one MM theme to another or just removing images. I had no problems previously, but ever since i switched to BB v.8, my phone will just reboot when applying an edited theme. I'm not sure if it's just a user error, but I've been using winrar to edit.
  2. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

1. get rid of winrar
    2. install 7zip its free and pwns winrar
    3. DO NOT extract your zip files just open them up and drag files to desktop and back into opened zip file
    4.???????????
    5.Profit

-=Jason=-
  3. nfcrockett

nfcrockett New Member

So you think it was winrar even though I was using it previously? I'll have to try tomorrow, I've been theming my :motdroidvert: for the last 4hrs since i got off work :icon_ devil: its so addictive, time for some sleep. Thanks.
  4. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

well if you were extracting the zips and ziping them back up its possible you weren't doing it right. but with 7zip you DO NOT have to extra the zip just open the zip file and drag the folder you want onto the desktop make your changes and drag back into the opened zip

-=Jason=-
  5. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck New Member

I've been moving images from one MM theme to another with astro file manager with complete success.. never had a problem or failure yet.. simple copy and paste and overwrite... I've got HexFusionBlue so jacked up now I should post it somewhere as a whole new theme... spent lot's of time looking around for all the blue icons and notification bar icons and noticed if you use astro.. look in the drawable hdpi file in the unzipped MM theme and copy it and overwrite it to the theme you're working on and then reapply the theme... work's every time
  6. YasminTiara

YasminTiara New Member

Theme Editor offers an interface for for the editing of theme files within a Drupal site. Some of the features include:

• Editing of CSS, .info, and Template Files
    • Simple back up and restore functions
    • Adding and deleting of files
    • Fine tuned permissions for different themes and file types
    • And More....
    Theme Editor offers a Wordpress inspired editing interface for Drupal themes allowing users to edit themes from within Drupal. No more need for server/ftp access!
    With a easy to use interface and the ability to create files on the fly, you'll never need to open up an editor on your machine again. Simply edit the theme files from with in Drupal.
  7. blukgt

blukgt New Member

What if it is a framework-res.apk? How do you edit that? can you change to a zip edit and change back?
  8. nfcrockett

nfcrockett New Member

I was able to use the edited theme w/ 7zip, but I think it might have been not applying because I was changing the file name.