[EDIT: Docks Too!] Asus Transformer Prime Available on BestBuy.com Right Now!

mohaamadq

Reaction score
January 12th

Any word on ICS for this?

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

ICS is coming on January 12th Worldwide. Asus says so on there Facebook fanpage.

ænyoc

Reaction score
Sweet!

Think the wife would be mad if I bought this for me...er...her, instead if getting her the Droid4 (her choice) when its released?

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the price it should comes with the keyboard dock and a bunch of other quality accessories
Well it's priced the same as an iPad and it can do a lot of functions a simple netbook can do so I see price as reasonable considering what's inside the device. Now I do think the keyboard dock should be cheaper.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I live in VA and am literally dying to buy this tablet...
Guys, if the dude is like literally dying, shouldn't we pitch in and at least grant him one last dying wish? After he's gone we can thumb-wrestle for who gets to have it next!

-Matt

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
For the price it should comes with the keyboard dock and a bunch of other quality accessories
As long as nobody here is making the irrational "all tablets should be under $300 argument"...keep in mind that the T1 came out STOCK MSRP at $400, which caused near-insanity last spring. If you have an hour to kill, go read the Amazon reviews on the Transformer in reverse chronological order (old to new) and you will see how low people can sink in terms of desperation for a digital device. Boycotts of price-gouging sellers. Chinese-conspiracy theories. All kinds of nuttiness.

Asus did a good job, and they knocked the Xoom (and maybe the Thrive and the Iconia and the Galaxy 10.1) out of the equation. Toshiba and Acer even fiddled with the prices ($50 store gift cards) but to no avail. Too little, too late.

It makes no sense whatsoever -- if $400 was last-year's T1 price -- for the T2 to lead at the same price-point. Put the two side-by-side specwise and the T2 blows the T1 out of the water. I totally agree with you that $500 (let's remember, for the 32GB model) feels like a notebook pricepoint, and you're not getting notebook features. Aside from raw CPU, you're actually getting a lot more (IPS display, 2 cameras, GPS, acceleromter, touch screen, and so on).

If you're right, by mid-summer the price on the T2 will break somewhat, and we'll see it drift down around $400 for the 32GB and $450-$500 for the 64GB. But just look back 1 year or 2, and you'll see that's a lot of tablet for the money.

-Matt

Last edited:

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Don't take it the wrong way. I knew what u meant with the title. :D just thought it was funny.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mohaamadq

Reaction score
When did you order yours?

Just got notification that mine shipped. :)

Hey i ordered mine like an hour ago, and would like to know if its still in stock and goes through with shipping and arriving at the estimated date.

mohaamadq

Reaction score
Has anyone received their Asus Prime yet? I just ordered and want to know when i should expect the order process to change to shipped or other than processing.

djsiva

Reaction score
Hey i ordered mine like an hour ago, and would like to know if its still in stock and goes through with shipping and arriving at the estimated date.
It was ordered at 9am yesterday morning and was shipped with the express option.

mohaamadq

Reaction score
Ordered mine on friday the 6th. Still havent seen the order status change to shipped...

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ics coming tonight for the prime! Woo hoo
I thought all the announcements were pointing toward the 12th?

BTW, have you guys seen the backlash since the CES announcement? Not pretty. A riot is beginning to brew on Amazon...

-Matt

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought all the announcements were pointing toward the 12th?

BTW, have you guys seen the backlash since the CES announcement? Not pretty. A riot is beginning to brew on Amazon...

-Matt

They just announced at CES that updates will start tonight