Edit App Drawer?

sports96

Reaction score
Is there a way to edit the App Drawer from saying Droid

to something else? If so how can I do that?

Thanks

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thanks

Your app drawer is talking to you? Might want to do a voice search for mental health clinics in your area.

You sir are of absolutely no help, but hilarious. Thanks for the chuckle!

If you are rooted there are a number of different roms that change the app drawer. The new Helix app draw in mute and blank (says nothing).

OP
sports96

sports96

Reaction score
Funny,

I just want to change the words from Droid to something else.

Yes I am rooted with Ultimate Droid 7.8, is there a way to change

it in Ultimate Droid 7.8?

Thanks

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thanks

Your app drawer is talking to you? Might want to do a voice search for mental health clinics in your area.

You sir are of absolutely no help, but hilarious. Thanks for the chuckle!

If you are rooted there are a number of different roms that change the app drawer. The new Helix app draw in mute and blank (says nothing).

I believe you don't need to be rooted to use Helix...which is now my favorite home screen app.

For sports96: I know it can be changed. This thread probably belongs in the hacking section rather than general questions too, so I suspect a mod will come along and move it soon.

I've seen threads where folks discussed changing (and had changed) the "handle" on the stock app drawer so this is possible. Asking in the thread where the rom was rolled out might get a reply from the dev too. Good luck.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1

Just contact the dev, or post on a thread for that ROM, someone will let you know how.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Funny,

I just want to change the words from Droid to something else.

Yes I am rooted with Ultimate Droid 7.8, is there a way to change

it in Ultimate Droid 7.8?

Thanks

I remember reading a thread about a guy that had changed the color of the word Droid depending on whether the app drawer was open or closed?? Or was it based on which home screen he was on?? Anyway he did change it. There was another where a guy had changed the shape to be more like the "Droid Red Eye". So, it can be done, you'll just have to search and find those threads and get hints from those guys. Good luck.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I've never noticed this on the app drawer, and rooted now so don't see it.

jgumphress

Reaction score
On a simular note, I would like to see an App where you speak, "What's your name?" and the phone answers with the iconic, "DROID". That would freek out the iPhone kids.

OpalCat

Reaction score
I remember reading a thread about a guy that had changed the color of the word Droid depending on whether the app drawer was open or closed?? Or was it based on which home screen he was on?? Anyway he did change it.
There are three drawer handle png files, for three different states (normal, selected, and pressed) so all you'd need to do is make the "pressed" one a different color to achieve this.
Here is a thread on how to change the drawer handle images:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/29506-need-app-drawer-handle-want-help.html