[ROM] Eclipse v3.0 (6/5/12)

wooddale

Reaction score
Would LOVE to know how you're getting that. I lose 10-15% per hour with low use.........Other than that, ROM is sick!
Try battery calebration it worked for me. Some guys say you should do every time you flash. I thinkbthey might be wright to a point Ive been glashing back and forth for last couple days and seems like bsttery life is suffering.

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score
Would LOVE to know how you're getting that. I lose 10-15% per hour with low use.........Other than that, ROM is sick!

I had that problem too, then I calibrated the battery. Now I get amazing battery life.

In case you don't know...

1. Charge the battery to 100%

2. Boot into recovery

3. Wipe the battery stats ( usually under advanced options)

4. Reboot as normal, then use device until the battery is completely dead (do NOT charge the device during this time or you'll have to start over)

5. Once battery is dead, plug in to charger, wait minute or two, turn on device and boot normally.

6. Charge to 100%.

You're done!

warren peace

Reaction score
I had that problem too, then I calibrated the battery. Now I get amazing battery life.

In case you don't know...

1. Charge the battery to 100%

2. Boot into recovery

3. Wipe the battery stats ( usually under advanced options)

4. Reboot as normal, then use device until the battery is completely dead (do NOT charge the device during this time or you'll have to start over)

5. Once battery is dead, plug in to charger, wait minute or two, turn on device and boot normally.

6. Charge to 100%.

You're done!

Tried that.........a few times. Tried re-installing ROM. Tried everything I could think of & nothing worked. I'm stumped

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score
Tried that.........a few times. Tried re-installing ROM. Tried everything I could think of & nothing worked. I'm stumped

OUCH! That is totally unacceptable.

Is it just this rom that you get this kind of battery life? If not, I'd be looking at the battery itself...perhaps could be faulty?

wilboy

Reaction score
I am using different method,a battery calibration that you can download in the market(it's free).If this didn't work.Try to read my tips(my sig.).

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score
Wait, I just noticed...your Android OS usage is WAY too high. 52%

hmmm...wonder what is going on there?

I was just talking to a friend that had a similar problem with his Samsung Infuse...there is some bug related battery drain, the Android OS process, and its media scanner.

Here's a guide you can follow to find out if you have the same problem.

1. Install SystemPanelLite Task Manager from the market.

2. Run SystemPanel and open settings and check the "System processes" option. Close settings.

3. Scroll down in the process list until you find the process "android.process.media". If you
have a CPU usage of more then 10-30s and the process usage gauge to the left moves up and down
you probably have the Android OS battery bug.

Read more here:

V10 RC5 - "Android OS Process" battery drain

warren peace

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys!
Stock ROM was fine, BioWeapon was the same thing but I've tried 2 different batteries.
I looked at the android.process.media. All was well there. I'm going to charge it & try the battery calibration from the market AND reformat internal/external SD cards.
I'll certainly let ya know if this is a fix. Cheers

funnyfish

Reaction score
I'm sorry I may just be really tired, but can I get a step by step back to stock unrooted? Thanks everyone :)

wooddale

Reaction score
I'm sorry I may just be really tired, but can I get a step by step back to stock unrooted? Thanks everyone :)

default.jpg

rwking

Reaction score
Downloaded and looking forward to installing and testing. Looks primo! Thanks for the hard work, Nitro! :biggrin:

*EDIT* Stuck on boot animation. It's really pretty, though. lol

Last edited:

warren peace

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys!
Stock ROM was fine, BioWeapon was the same thing but I've tried 2 different batteries.
I looked at the android.process.media. All was well there. I'm going to charge it & try the battery calibration from the market AND reformat internal/external SD cards.
I'll certainly let ya know if this is a fix. Cheers

No luck, I feel like I've tried everything I can think of & everything recommended but nothing is working. Reformatted both external/internal memory, erased battery stats, calibrated battery, re-flashed rom...nothing worked. Then I changed batteries & tried all again, nothing. AOS still up around 50%. In the System Panel app, I checked the android.process.media and it appears fine. But I did notice under that a ways down there is a process called "system" and that is kinda all over the place if compared to everything else. I have no clue if that's as it should be or if that's my issue.......

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score
No luck, I feel like I've tried everything I can think of & everything recommended but nothing is working. Reformatted both external/internal memory, erased battery stats, calibrated battery, re-flashed rom...nothing worked. Then I changed batteries & tried all again, nothing. AOS still up around 50%. In the System Panel app, I checked the android.process.media and it appears fine. But I did notice under that a ways down there is a process called "system" and that is kinda all over the place if compared to everything else. I have no clue if that's as it should be or if that's my issue.......

Well, crap.

I got nothing else for you, warren.

Perhaps it may be time to flash back to stock and get it replaced?