[ROM] Eclipse v3.0 (6/5/12)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I am really liking this Rom too. Love the theming and performance. Here's a screen of what my Eclipse 2.0 looks like.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

criminal666

Reaction score
First off, thanks for these Eclipse Roms, I am loving them! Second I have a question, I am new with this rooting and installing Roms so please go easy on me. I see that this Rom runs on 5.7.893, so this may not be an issue, but when I go to the System Updates, it just gives me a white screen and does not do anything else. Is this normal for a rooted phone, or caused by the method of I rooted it, or just because of the Rom? Or did I do something wrong when I rooted it? Thanks for the help!

dancedroid

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off, thanks for these Eclipse Roms, I am loving them! Second I have a question, I am new with this rooting and installing Roms so please go easy on me. I see that this Rom runs on 5.7.893, so this may not be an issue, but when I go to the System Updates, it just gives me a white screen and does not do anything else. Is this normal for a rooted phone, or caused by the method of I rooted it, or just because of the Rom? Or did I do something wrong when I rooted it? Thanks for the help!

dancedroid

You have to be out-of-box stock with bloatware unfrozen to receive the OTA system update. You also need to be on 5.5.886 I believe. You can keep root through the process if you are 43v3r rooted. I 43v3r rooted and applied the leak that supposedly matched the OTA. See this thread if you want to apply the leak instead, It's suppose to be the same as OTA but I am not totally sure http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/187153-update-bionic-893-a.html

Also on a separate note you may want to make sure you have a backup of your system or are using safestrap if you are trying out different roms, etc.

criminal666

Reaction score
I have rooted using 'Pete’s Motorola Root Tools' found on this site:

How to Root Droid Bionic! | Droid Bionic Root

It also states on the site that you can Unroot your device and provides the instructions, so should I unroot and Reroot with the 43V3R method? I have a system backup using 'Bionic Bootstrap' from when I first installed a new rom on my device.

Thanks for the help!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have rooted using 'Pete’s Motorola Root Tools' found on this site:

How to Root Droid Bionic! | Droid Bionic Root

It also states on the site that you can Unroot your device and provides the instructions, so should I unroot and Reroot with the 43V3R method? I have a system backup using 'Bionic Bootstrap' from when I first installed a new rom on my device.

Thanks for the help!

I rooted using 43v3r, but it looks like you can apply 43v3r root if your are already rooted. It's one of the options in it's menu. You need to be on the correct system version for each option. The options are listed in this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html. I think it's option 3, but read the thread carefully first. I am not sure if you need to remove bootstrap or not first. I am not totally sure of the process if you are already rooted.

dliontis28

Reaction score
camera issues

I flashed 2.0 and I'm lovin it. I tried to take a couple pics tonight with the stock camera and it takes the pic fine. When I click on the little preview up in the corner, there is no pic. I even wentbinto sdcard and went into dcim/thumbnails and there is nothing. Anyone else having any probs with the camera?:blink:

dliontis28

Reaction score
I flashed 2.0 and I'm lovin it. I tried to take a couple pics tonight with the stock camera and it takes the pic fine. When I click on the little preview up in the corner, there is no pic. I even wentbinto sdcard and went into dcim/thumbnails and there is nothing. Anyone else having any probs with the camera?:blink:

Just noticed that its only when I'm on 3G/4G. I turned on wifi and it saves the pic after its taken, 3G/4G doesnt save anything.

wooddale

Reaction score
Just noticed that its only when I'm on 3G/4G. I turned on wifi and it saves the pic after its taken, 3G/4G doesnt save anything.

Did you get the camera problem resolved I have the zoom camera you think its the camera or the rom itself. I would like to flash tommorow

dliontis28

Reaction score
Did you get the camera problem resolved I have the zoom camera you think its the camera or the rom itself. I would like to flash tommorow

I did a recovery back to stock rooted and camera works. I didn't try another camera so not sure if it's rom itself or camera app that comes with rom. It's got something to do with connection. I'll try and reflash later and see if I get the same problem and I'll also try to see if it happens on airplane mode also.

parton1080

Reaction score
When I go to add accounts and touch corporate exchange, nothing happens. Anyone else get this? The phone responds when I click gmail or corporate, but nothing for yahoo mail or corporate sync.

wilboy

Reaction score
To the OP( Nitroglycerine33)..i downloaded the v1.2 before that was posted by DARKROM and it was deleted by You,because of the dockservice.apk in Rootzwiki(eclipse test build & preview)then i went to another thread,while reading the last page of that thread..boom... someone posted v.2.0 thru multiupload.com,so i downloaded it.... My question is..is this the same v.2.0 w/no changes compare to this one @ the OP?...This ROM amazed me!I'm still using this since first night:D..I'll stick w/ this.This one is a KEEPER!Thanks man!!
[h=1][/h]

OP
Nitroglycerine33

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
When I go to add accounts and touch corporate exchange, nothing happens. Anyone else get this? The phone responds when I click gmail or corporate, but nothing for yahoo mail or corporate sync.

This is because those "blur" accounts cannot be used. But they are required to be in the rom for other apks that rely on them. I just have not figured out yet how to hide them.

OP
Nitroglycerine33

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
To the OP( Nitroglycerine33)..i downloaded the v1.2 before that was posted by DARKROM and it was deleted by You,because of the dockservice.apk in Rootzwiki(eclipse test build & preview)then i went to another thread,while reading the last page of that thread..boom... someone posted v.2.0 thru multiupload.com,so i downloaded it.... My question is..is this the same v.2.0 w/no changes compare to this one @ the OP?...This ROM amazed me!I'm still using this since first night:D..I'll stick w/ this.This one is a KEEPER!Thanks man!!

If it isn't from my download link then I cannot guarantee anything. But if it says Eclipse v2.0 in about phone in settings then chances are you are good.