themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
wiping data, wipes cache too
dalvik, shouldn't have to, but i do

pooldozer

Reaction score
the whole wipe data/factory reset worries me just a little, having to do that so much flashing one rom . first when i sbf,then when i flash the rom, and the theme nice cream?

pooldozer

Reaction score
should i wipe data for themes also...i mean will it mess my phone up if i wipe data after i install a rom?

lwyatt100

Reaction score
I currently have Eclipse v1.2, and I'm looking to upgrade. Does anyone know if I need to SBF first, or can I just install v2.3?

OP
Nitroglycerine33

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I currently have Eclipse v1.2, and I'm looking to upgrade. Does anyone know if I need to SBF first, or can I just install v2.3?

You need to sbf then take the 418 ota first

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SuperTruckerX2

Reaction score
Is anyone else having wifi problems with this ROM? I made sure to flash 2.3.4 first, per the no kernal included note, but still had issues. For now I am running 8.1 with no problems.

I have to agree... I followed the developer's EXACT instructions to get this ROM on my Verizon stock X2 (which had been OTA's to 2.3.5 without me realizing it) and it worked perfectly. Finished the installation, re-activated with Verizon, and EVERYTHING worked first time.

This is my first experience with rooting/ custom ROM -- I just got so sick & tired of all the bloatware crap that Verizon had on my phone that I never used -- and I must say that I am VERY satisfied, both with the look/ feel of the ROM but more so with the increased speed! My X2 has never run this fast, nor has the battery life been this good!

Bravo to you, Nitro -- as soon as I get some cash, I will definitely be sending off a donation. This ROM was well worth it, as were the clear and concise installation instructions!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
in my list

How to: sbf on linux (and now OSX!) - xda-developers
and
OPTICALDELUSION: sbf_flash
or use
ezSBF for DX2

basic instructions for burning/using ezSBF on Mac How to burn an .iso on mac
and boot from cd
Boot your Mac from CD, DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive

easiest way to boot to any device other than a Mac’s internal hard drive is to press and hold the Option key immediately after hearing the Mac startup chime. Continuing to hold this button down will bring up a menu where you can select a disc or drive to boot from. Use the keyboard arrows to choose your boot device, then press the Enter key. The computer will start up from the chosen volume, but bear in mind performance will likely be much slower than when you normally operate your Mac. This is especially true of USB flash drives.

Rather than hold the Option key, you could instead just press & hold the C key if you’re booting from a CD or DVD disc. This will bypass the selection menu and immediately start from the disc. It won’t work for USB and FireWire drives, though.

Last edited:

Mightyrx

Reaction score
Help flashing a Eclipse...

Didn't sbf because my Droid x2 already had the 2.3.5 update.

Rooted with magic.
Backed up my system with Bootrap.
Wiped data, cache and Davlik.
Flashed Eclipse 2.3.
Got the E:294 message.

Do I need to Sbf back to stock?
Can I get the 2.3.5 update thru my phone or do I need to update via sbf?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mightyrx

Reaction score
Went through all the steps (sbf-ing 2.3.4 and rerooting and all that jazz) and even though it took over 2 hours (don't ask!LOL), my X2 is now Eclipsed!

THx a mil, bro!

What is next to improve performance?

Mightyrx

Reaction score
Does Eclipse play YouTube videos?
Every time I try, I get an error message.