[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
manualy format each partition instead of just factory reseting. its in mounts i believe, it may be advanced... not to sure cuz i dont have it installed

Last edited:

Casen

Reaction score
Wiped system, cache and dalvik. Those are the only options

No dice. I get messaging has stopped as soon as it turns on. Then I press start, and it says searching for service about forever. The time is actually a few hours off as well.... I'll try a re download.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Casen

Reaction score
Weird...... did you just upload 1.3.4? Cause could have sworn I had 1.3.3..........odd

EDIT: Still same problem after redownload, wipe and install.... messaging force closes right away, then im informed that activation can take a few minutes... and it takes a lot longer. Then of doesnt work.. the signal bars don't even show up.

Last edited:

Casen

Reaction score
After letting it sit through the failure to activate, I get to skip. I never get signal bars, but WiFi and every thing else work...

Then of I try to go to settings and mobile networks, I get a force close. Then I try to go to about phone, status and again get an instant force close.

Casen

Reaction score
Well.. I'm stumped... I got a log cat of you think it will help at all.....

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well.. I'm stumped... I got a log cat of you think it will help at all.....

nah it wont help i just installed it on mine with ss3.0.5 and it works fine.
i selected slot 1 with 3 gb went into wipe and wiped cache, davilik cache, system,and factory reset. i then installed the rom and rebooted.... it booted up no problems... why not try a fresh slot. it may help...

Casen

Reaction score
nah it wont help i just installed it on mine with ss3.0.5 and it works fine.
i selected slot 1 with 3 gb went into wipe and wiped cache, davilik cache, system,and factory reset. i then installed the rom and rebooted.... it booted up no problems... why not try a fresh slot. it may help...

That's the thing.... it was a fresh slot.. hell it was the first slot on a brand (like) new device... I turned it, activated, rooted, ss3, made slot one, put eclipse and had fail.. then I tried slot two with aokp, and had success, but that has its own bugs to prevent being daily driver.

Stock also works... thank you for trying out ss3 though.

View attachment 57557

That's part of the problem with mine...

Casen

Reaction score
Well, 8th times the charm I guess..... now just confused, but happy.

Thank you for the help, making another new slot solved it...

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well, 8th times the charm I guess..... now just confused, but happy.

Thank you for the help, making another new slot solved it...

Yeah im not a big fan of twrp it has less options for low level formating and eats up internal storage.. im more of a fan of good old clockwork. Kinda want to go even more old school and use bootstrap, it was more dangerous but then again i like to live life on the dangerous side lol

Casen

Reaction score
Yeah im not a big fan of twrp it has less options for low level formating and eats up internal storage.. im more of a fan of good old clockwork. Kinda want to go even more old school and use bootstrap, it was more dangerous but then again i like to live life on the dangerous side lol

"Rebel!!"

"Hey, what happened to that Stormtroopers dog"
"I killed it and ate it. REBEL!!"

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

davidgro

Reaction score
So for some reason, when I download or save a MMS or something, I get double the file... And by that I mean, it saves 1 into sdcard and one into sdcard-ext. Was this caused by the sdshuffle patch?

Yes, with the patch /sdcard and /sdcard-ext are the same place. All files and directories on the card will show up in both, so that old configuration data that points to /sdcard-ext will still work. /sdcard-int is the "internal card".

Because, I can't install ANY apps at all, it says I have .90MB space left, I can't update any apps due to me 'insufficient storage available'. I did however restore a bunch of backed up apps with Titanium with np.

No idea. I don't have that problem, and I have been running the patch longer than anyone else here (I'm the author) - I also have a ton of apps installed. However I am still on SS 2.11 due to having a ton of apps and procrastinating about the re-install, even though 2.11 Is broken by not having Large File Support in its busybox (Like all android busyboxen I've seen! WHY!!?) so switching back to "safe" from stock doesn't work for me. (Ton of apps makes the data.ext3.tar bigger then 2GiB) That was a long day. </rant>

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, with the patch /sdcard and /sdcard-ext are the same place. All files and directories on the card will show up in both, so that old configuration data that points to /sdcard-ext will still work. /sdcard-int is the "internal card".

No idea. I don't have that problem, and I have been running the patch longer than anyone else here (I'm the author) - I also have a ton of apps installed. However I am still on SS 2.11 due to having a ton of apps and procrastinating about the re-install, even though 2.11 Is broken by not having Large File Support in its busybox (Like all android busyboxen I've seen! WHY!!?) so switching back to "safe" from stock doesn't work for me. (Ton of apps makes the data.ext3.tar bigger then 2GiB) That was a long day. </rant>
ss3.05 messed up your internal partition
-edit im stupid lol

Last edited:

davidgro

Reaction score
ss3.05 messed up your internal partition i got 8 gb now and cant figure out how to get my memory back... DO not use the new safe strap it is dangerous as hell

Interesting, makes sense really given that it's all organised different. When I get a chance I will take apart Hashcode's new roms and see if I can make a SS3 version of the shuffle patch.