[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

Discussion in 'Droid 4 ROMS' started by myfishbear, Sep 14, 2012.

1. hellmonkey

hellmonkey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Question. Is this a clean, AOSP rom? Ill be getting the phone soon and Im fairly certain Im going to rom it. I know Im going to root and theme it day 1. I just dont want all of that vzw crap on there and I probably dont want/need a lot of blur stuff either.

2. bofis

bofis Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, each time you flash a new OC script you should redo the speedscript before rebooting out of recovery.

3. hellmonkey

hellmonkey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, whats the difference between normal, hybrid, and russian?

4. krazienluv10

krazienluv10 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i noticed when i downloaded 1.3.2 hybrid yest, there were two text message apps? has the new 1.3.2 been updated to fix that? thanks

5. bofis

bofis Member

Ratings:
    +1
    normal is Eclipse, which is a blur-based rom with lots of the blur ripped out. There are patches to put back certain things like the camera, however. Hybrid has more of the blur left in place, so it might be a lil more bloated. Russian is in Russian. Stick with the normal one to start and go from there.

6. orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Yes, everytime you flash an oc/uc/lv/ulv you must flash the speedscript after.

7. orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    It's very clean (hardly any blur remains and Verizon junk removed), it's not based off AOSP or CM.

8. hellmonkey

hellmonkey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank for the replies all. Ill probably try the hybrid and clean ROMs and see which one I like.

9. hellmonkey

hellmonkey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are the battery, radio, and other status icons still in framework-res.apk/res/drawablle-hdpi?

10. Gumdrop

Gumdrop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love this rom, would be awesome if it had Emoji's in the stock ICS Keyboard for those of us who have the emoji fonts installed :) :hail:

11. YoungRED

YoungRED New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First of all thanks for that but could you post me a link to the one you recompiled so i make sure i get the right one so i dont make my phone go through that again and if im not mistaken all have to do when i download it is put iit on my sd card wipe cache and devic or however you. Spell that one i just know its under advanced using safestripe 2.0+ im not a noob to this but the droid 4 a little diffrent from when i use to do it on the droid one seams to have lot more percentage of chance to mess up your phone so i make sure before i try somthing i know i can undo it so reason i as for the link its just everytime i tried a theme on. Eclipce it did what i exsplained earlier so i figured i needed to ask thanks again for your help and by the way your roms are great from the start i just like the geen everything of the gb themme

12. hellmonkey

hellmonkey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a way to add Reboot to the power menu? Also, Im doig a bit of themeing. Ive changed the battery and WiFi icons, and I would like to change the radio icons as well. When I went into systemui.apk, I saw there were tons. Im guessing this is for mulitple phones and systems. Which one does the d4 use? I could figure it out with testing, but if you could tell me and save some time, it would be much appreciated.

Im doing all this through metamorph, so Ill post a couple pics and share when Im done if anyone else is interested.

Search tags for this page
droid 4

droid 4 eclipse

droid 4 eclipse ics

droid 4 eclipse rom

droid 4 ics rom
droid 4 ics roms
droid 4 roms

eclipse droid 4

eclipse rom droid 4

tinyshark 3.1.5 apk