[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
It is but I think the kernels are the same but the radio is different. What led me to say that it shouldn't be a problem is that he has been running Eclipse on SS2 with no problem for all this time. The only change in the equation is SS3, so I'm trying to find out if others (who should be on 217) are having the same problem.

moccor

Reaction score
I can't believe that no one else has had an issue yet with flashing this Eclipse ROM to any of the SS3 ROM slots. My phone while in Eclipse is like in an unprovisioned state and no matter what I do I can't get service whatsoever with it. There is no way to modify the Mobile Networks because it just crashes. Eclipse has been my goto and favorite ROM since I first flashed it in SS2, but for whatever reason I can't get the Verizon mobile network to work at all with it in SS3. Could it have anything to do with my stock ROM being on the 215 release of ICS? The odd thing is that never cause an issue in SS2? I'd like any help if someone has a suggestion. I'm not necessarliy saying that there is anythign wrong with the this ROM (Eclipse), but maybe just my setup?
Maybe try starting fresh. Backing everything up for your slot/ROM, backing up your SD card and internal storage contents (make sure to be careful not to remove the safestrap stuff ofc) then wiping the slots data and cache and reinstall Eclipse. When I first installed Exclipse 1.3.2 on a SS3 ROM slot, it was weird. Like, the memory management didn't work at all. My phone would lag and freeze up. upon checking what was running... it was more liek, what wasn't running? Lol. Now I just wiped the slots data and cache, reinstalled Eclipse, restored all of my apps with Titanium (only few with data) and at 2 hours 7minutes, it's still at 100%. I got two texts and updated some apps. Also, I think I'm running the 1400ulv OC script.

Technix2002

Reaction score
He does have the Moto ICS though it's 215 which shouldn't be a problem.

Are you the only one with this problem?

So far it looks like I'm the only one with this problem... :( I'm on the Moto ICS leak 6.16.215 on my non-safe side and don't want to have to upgrade it to .217 because so far every ROM that I've tried based on .217 has broken Voice Commands (stutter/stop mid sentence after annoucing my selection). I'm fine with loading .217 to any of my other slots since my daily driver .215 works flawlessly.

Prodiem

Reaction score
So far it looks like I'm the only one with this problem... :( I'm on the Moto ICS leak 6.16.215 on my non-safe side and don't want to have to upgrade it to .217 because so far every ROM that I've tried based on .217 has broken Voice Commands (stutter/stop mid sentence after announcing my selection). I'm fine with loading .217 to any of my other slots since my daily driver .215 works flawlessly.

I had the exact same issues when I upgraded from GB stock to 217 fastboot (OTA failed, stupidly permanently removed VZW stuff). I tried a ton of stuff and on a hunch, and also because both my internal SD and external SD were a horrible mess, I started over, backing up important stuff and formatting both in 217 OTA, just prior to shutting down, AP fastboot 217 back on again, and boom, no problems. With SS3 I made the mistake of being on SS2 safe when I upgraded it :icon_eek:.... good times, good times.

I ended fastbooting 217 again, but had the same stuttering and other sound issues. I tried to format the SD's reboot and clear everything, and had the same issues. Format the SD's and fastboot, and it works fine? Some Goblin is there, I think it is on the SD or uses the SD or perhaps only runs the one time but if what it is looking for is on the SD fails or assumes completion?
in my eyes it makes sense, Moto developer assumes that process can only be run once and assumes that if it ran before (checkfile) then don't run again.

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
I have tried different builds, roms and even stock. The GPS works. Eclipse from 1.3+ the GPS won't even show visible satellites. I will flash the new build and see if it works. Any ideas? I use GPS allot! I heard before that other peoples works. Ugh

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
if you have glitches like that first format both sdcards, copy the rom to a cleaned card, boot into safestrap and format system osh and everything else except the sdcard your using. then wipe data and cache and remember to clear davilik cache. then install the rom and reboot. DO not restore any old data and you will be good.

audinutt

Reaction score
So far it looks like I'm the only one with this problem... :( I'm on the Moto ICS leak 6.16.215 on my non-safe side and don't want to have to upgrade it to .217 because so far every ROM that I've tried based on .217 has broken Voice Commands (stutter/stop mid sentence after annoucing my selection). I'm fine with loading .217 to any of my other slots since my daily driver .215 works flawlessly.

I fixed the stutter by backing up the moto voice commands and reinstalling after flashing the .217 rom

bofis

Reaction score
updated system apps to most current versions of themselves, fixed a voice search bug i just found, removed ics browser pus in favor of firefox(better flash support and runs faster) changed the default clock and camera apps and some other things i forget lol
So if I install this over the previous version will I loose ICS Browser+?