[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

bofis

Reaction score
So, Im new to ICS and just found out that notification icons are dimmed and shrunk a bit after inintal 1-2 second alert. Is there a way to disable this in this ROM? Its painfully annoying.

Sorry I did not reply sooner, but your issue was an interesting one as I had never noticed this before. However, it is not something that the ROM itself has changed. I double-checked the notification icon behavior under Gingerbread on a Droid 2 and here's the deal: under GB when you get a notification, it would scroll white text in the notification bar along with a grey icon, once the text was finished, it left the exact same grey icon and restores the rest of the notification bar. Under ICS you get a white notification icon during the white text, and then it goes back to that same exact grey icon from GB after. So the addition of the brighter, white icon during the actual notification period is the only reason you are noticing this under ICS, and the icon was never the bright one after that under any previous Android that I've used.

ndd

Reaction score
I'm still messing around with trying to do my own overclock script (I'm stubborn, and I'd kind of like to figure out what's going on), and I'm still repeatedly having my phone stall and reboot. it occurs to me to wonder if there's any magic in the modules that come with the various overclock scripts (like cpu_control.ko) that restricts which speeds can be assigned to which slots. I'm suspicious because I seem to be able to change the voltage value however I want, but not the clock value...

along this line, where does the module code come from, and is there a howto somewhere that describes how I could compile my own?

bofis

Reaction score
I'm baffled about this, but I re-downloaded all of the OC scripts because I wanted to play around with things higher than 1320lv (which I've been using for a few weeks now). Upon flashing another OC script (and speedscriptV4 after that) I have lost all of the non-stock governors again and only ever get options from 1.2GHz down to 300MHz. No matter which script I flash I'm only given the default values to pick from and none of the extra governors are showing up. :-\

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I just DL'd 1400 and 1400lv and installed them. I still have all the governors and the slider on setcpu goes to 1400.

Maybe you have a setcpu problem. Uninstall it, reboot, then install it.

On a side note, my phone never liked 1400 or higher, but after running 1380 for a couple weeks it is taking 1400 well. It passes the Antutu stress tests well and I scored 7173.

On a further sidenote, Foxykat (I think that's his name) mentioned that the Bionic, Razr, and D4 processors are the same. The only difference is that at the factory any processor that runs 1200 without any hiccups had "turbo" appended to the name and branded as a 1200 processor. I don't know how true that is but he is a well respected member.

UPDATE: back to 1380, got a browser fc and random reset.

Last edited:

mgoben

Reaction score
Hi, i've been using the rom for awhile and have been pretty happy with it. Last night i ran into an issue setting up my vpn, it forced me to set a screen lock code. Is there anyway you could look into disabling this feature for the next patch? Even with my vpn off it wont let me disable the screen lock now and says its admin blocked. (The option is greyed out)
If this is a possibility i would greatly appreciate it

SteeleDoes

Reaction score
Ok so now I oc 1370, flash speedscript and my set cpu has options for the governor and scheduler.... but I only have hotplug, not hotplugx.... and it only shows the max as 1200......

ws6formula350

Reaction score
With the advent of ss3, is there any way to set default storage on Eclipse to external sd, to be in line with the new jb builds that I have setup as well?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Technix2002

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried this ROM with the new Safestrap (v3.x)? It seems that it can't connect to my celluar service (Verizon). The stock ROM and slot-1 (AOKP JB ROM) both have service and work fine. IDK?

sean9721

Reaction score
Technix2002 said:
Has anyone else tried this ROM with the new Safestrap (v3.x)? It seems that it can't connect to my celluar service (Verizon). The stock ROM and slot-1 (AOKP JB ROM) both have service and work fine. IDK?

Mine is working just fine. I'm not currently running it, but I did 2 days ago and was able to text and get data.