[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

krazienluv10

Reaction score
i noticed when i downloaded 1.3.2 hybrid yest, there were two text message apps? has the new 1.3.2 been updated to fix that? thanks

bofis

Reaction score
Also, whats the difference between normal, hybrid, and russian?
normal is Eclipse, which is a blur-based rom with lots of the blur ripped out. There are patches to put back certain things like the camera, however. Hybrid has more of the blur left in place, so it might be a lil more bloated. Russian is in Russian. Stick with the normal one to start and go from there.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Question. Is this a clean, AOSP rom? Ill be getting the phone soon and Im fairly certain Im going to rom it. I know Im going to root and theme it day 1. I just dont want all of that vzw crap on there and I probably dont want/need a lot of blur stuff either.
It's very clean (hardly any blur remains and Verizon junk removed), it's not based off AOSP or CM.

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Thank for the replies all. Ill probably try the hybrid and clean ROMs and see which one I like.

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Are the battery, radio, and other status icons still in framework-res.apk/res/drawablle-hdpi?

Gumdrop

Reaction score
Love this rom, would be awesome if it had Emoji's in the stock ICS Keyboard for those of us who have the emoji fonts installed :) :hail:

YoungRED

Reaction score
the gingerbread theme

First of all thanks for that but could you post me a link to the one you recompiled so i make sure i get the right one so i dont make my phone go through that again and if im not mistaken all have to do when i download it is put iit on my sd card wipe cache and devic or however you. Spell that one i just know its under advanced using safestripe 2.0+ im not a noob to this but the droid 4 a little diffrent from when i use to do it on the droid one seams to have lot more percentage of chance to mess up your phone so i make sure before i try somthing i know i can undo it so reason i as for the link its just everytime i tried a theme on. Eclipce it did what i exsplained earlier so i figured i needed to ask thanks again for your help and by the way your roms are great from the start i just like the geen everything of the gb themme

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Is there a way to add Reboot to the power menu? Also, Im doig a bit of themeing. Ive changed the battery and WiFi icons, and I would like to change the radio icons as well. When I went into systemui.apk, I saw there were tons. Im guessing this is for mulitple phones and systems. Which one does the d4 use? I could figure it out with testing, but if you could tell me and save some time, it would be much appreciated.

Im doing all this through metamorph, so Ill post a couple pics and share when Im done if anyone else is interested.

SteeleDoes

Reaction score
OK. HERE IS MY LAST ATTEMPT TO GET AN ANSWER.
Eclipse was working fine, I upgraded to 1.3.2 or whatever the latest version is. Flashed the theme, oc, speedscript, google now, hdcam patch, remove beats patch..... didn't have this prob before but now I have no option tor select a scheduler in set cpu.... I can pick hotplugx but I cannot pick noop. It's not even an option.... is there any way to fix this without doing a full wipe and having to set up my entire phone again?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OK. HERE IS MY LAST ATTEMPT TO GET AN ANSWER.
Eclipse was working fine, I upgraded to 1.3.2 or whatever the latest version is. Flashed the theme, oc, speedscript, google now, hdcam patch, remove beats patch..... didn't have this prob before but now I have no option tor select a scheduler in set cpu.... I can pick hotplugx but I cannot pick noop. It's not even an option.... is there any way to fix this without doing a full wipe and having to set up my entire phone again?
go into safestrap, and wipe cache then install the oc and safestrap again. if that wont work format everything under mounts and storage except the sdcard where the rom is on, and reinstall everything and reboot.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is there a way to add Reboot to the power menu? Also, Im doig a bit of themeing. Ive changed the battery and WiFi icons, and I would like to change the radio icons as well. When I went into systemui.apk, I saw there were tons. Im guessing this is for mulitple phones and systems. Which one does the d4 use? I could figure it out with testing, but if you could tell me and save some time, it would be much appreciated.

Im doing all this through metamorph, so Ill post a couple pics and share when Im done if anyone else is interested.
got to edit it with apktool rip it apart with Smail/baksmali then use notepad++ to edit the lines u need it is a real biach of a job. its provb in android policy.jar and framework.res

Last edited:

ndd

Reaction score
is making my own overclock script any more complicated than unzipping an existing one, editing

system/etc/init.d/1320oculv

and putting in my values? I was trying for

0 300 850
1 750 1195
2 1100 1140
3 1200 1275
4 1320 1285

but every time I flash my zip (followed by speedscriptV4), my phone freezes in the first two minutes, and eventually reboots. going back to your 1320oculv works fine.

hellmonkey

Reaction score
got to edit it with apktool rip it apart with Smail/baksmali then use notepad++ to edit the lines u need it is a real biach of a job

Yeah it is. I did some xml editing on my d2 to change some colors around. Im not ready to get back into that yet. I like the rom so far. I didnt even use it OEM before I put it on the phone.

bofis

Reaction score
Love this rom, would be awesome if it had Emoji's in the stock ICS Keyboard for those of us who have the emoji fonts installed :) :hail:

Handcent SMS supports emoji, you could install that and use it as your default sms app...just turn off all notifications in the stock messaging app and set Handcent as the system default.