[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

Discussion in 'Droid 4 ROMS' started by myfishbear, Sep 14, 2012.

1. ABC2066

ABC2066 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pray for Chinese language items are added here as a Chinese grateful to you for

:)

2. orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Cool, I see 1380 OC. How is the 1375 hivolt version different from the regular 1375 (I know it sounds self explanatory but I have not seen a hivolt before)?

3. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +31
    its the same oc as b4 but with the 1375's voltage pumped up to 1400

4. Gumdrop

Gumdrop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Downloaded and flashed the MotoHD Cam patch. Works great except when I take a picture then click the thumbnail to view it in gallery and then I try zooming in (double click or pinch zoom) and it freezes my phone have to reboot

EDIT: Nevermind I think it was the OC 1320lv+speedscript4 that made my phone freeze, cause I reinstalled both and now the gallery pinch zoom works :)

#292 Gumdrop, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  5. 4low4fun

4low4fun Member

Ratings:
    +7
    The 1320lv gave my phone problems also. Switch to the regular 1320 and you won't have a single problem.

6. ws6formula350

ws6formula350 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Digging the AOSP themeing on the blur dialer. Hated the way the stock dialer looked, much prefer the AOSP goodness.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

7. orangechoochoo

Ratings:
    +12
    That stinks, what kind of problem did you have? Did you try any of the higher OCs?

Also, whenever I flash an OC I notice the max frequency matches the minimum frequency (300 max and 300 min). So in SetCPU move the max frequency to the highest level and reboot.

8. 4low4fun

4low4fun Member

Ratings:
    +7
    My would just randomly freeze.. wasn't related to the work load. I could have been doing anything and it would just freeze. 1320 is as high as I can go. Any higher and my phone locks up at the eclipse boot animation.
    And I haven't messed with set CPU yet

9. orangechoochoo

Ratings:
    +12
    As I mentioned, flashing the OC rom my be setting the max frequency to 300 so you'll definitely see lags, freezes, and FCs. So using SetCPU to fix the max levels and reboot will set up everything appropriately.

#297 orangechoochoo, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  10. sean9721

sean9721 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I wanted to do this too. The icons are in SystemUI.APK. What I'm guessing I do is replace the icons and then zip all of the SystemUI folders into a zip archive and name it SystemUI.APK. How do I install the APK with the new icons onto my phone?

11. davidgro

davidgro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A thing I made (SD Shuffle)

I was getting really fed up with apps that only believe in The One True /sdcard and wouldn't let me use my actual (32gb) card. so I shuffled the mount-points around, and have made a flashable patch.

What this does:
    By default the external (actual) SD card is mounted to /mnt/sdcard-ext and the internal 8gb "SD card" is mounted to /mnt/sdcard - and symlinks at /sdcard-ext and /sdcard point to those mounts.
    There are a couple environment variables that I think every app ignores - EXTERNAL_STORAGE=/mnt/sdcard and SECONDARY_STORAGE=/mnt/sdcard-ext

With my patch the external card is mounted to /mnt/sdcard, and the internal card is mounted to /mnt/sdcard-int, with symlinks at /sdcard, /sdcard-ext, and (this was the hard part) /mnt/sdcard-ext all pointing to the external card, and with /sdcard-int pointing to the internal of course.
    I also set EXTERNAL_STORAGE=/mnt/sdcard and SECONDARY_STORAGE=/mnt/sdcard-int in case something actually listens and offers the choice

I did it this way so that all my existing configurations that I had managed to set to /sdcard-ext and /mnt/sdcard-ext will still work, a simple swap would have been much easier, but I got this working how I want and am happy.

myfishbear, if you would like to host this on your server alongside the other optional patches, I would be honored :)

I have also attached the undo patch which restores back the default.

Notes:
    This does not of course actually move or copy any data from one card to another, you will want to manually manage that before applying the patch. (And I recommend moving all apps installed to the SD to the phone, because otherwise I assume they will just vanish when the cards move around)

Like every other patch, after flashing a new version of Eclipse, you will need to re-apply it.

View attachment 56482

View attachment 56483

12. ndd

ndd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    have you tried undervolting 1375?

Search tags for this page
droid 4

droid 4 eclipse

droid 4 eclipse ics

droid 4 eclipse rom