1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Eclipse alternative or fix?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Blaine32, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Blaine32

Blaine32 New Member

I am currently running windows 7 64bit, i have eclipse helios the newest version and my java platform is also updated fully. My eclipse crashes shortly after startup as soon as i attempt to do anything, forcing me to restart and try again only to fall victim to the same infernal crashing. Is anyone aware of an android development platform that is more stable than eclipse or a fix for eclipse.
  2. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

7h3.4pp12en7ic3 New Member

I would uninstall, and reinstall. I'm running Win7 64bit, no problems here. Also make sure you have the Java JDK, not to be insulting if that's obvious to you, you can never tell people's experience level here.
  3. TimParker

TimParker New Member

I am having the same problem. I just found this, must have skipped by it before....

FAQ How do I run Eclipse? - Eclipsepedia

There is an issue with one of the version of Java. Can't wait to get home and try this and see if it fixes my problem....
  4. IEatCake

IEatCake New Member

Its a known issue that's traced to Oracle's rebranding of JAVA. It happens on Windows with Oracle java 1.6_21.
    https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=319514
    I faced the same thing with day to day... Also you will notice jump lists were broke in Helios RTM...
Search tags for this page

alternative to eclipse for android

android eclipse alternatives
android eclipse windows 7 crashing
droid x2 crashing eclipse