Echolink for Android--Attention all ham radio nuts!!!

rcfx

Reaction score
This would be awesome to have echolink on the phone! I just downloaded from the market callsign db, and it works great.

kb3awq

Reaction score
07-28-2010, 06:38 AM
K1RFD
user_online.gif

Ham Member

icon1.gif
Android Progress
The basic functions are up and running on this project; what remains are a few more screens in the UI and some optimization of the core engine. So it is progressing well.

Just click on K1RFD above here and it will take you to the qrz.com forum where this was posted

kb3awq

Reaction score
A beta version is being tested now. Seems to work with a few minor bugs that he is working on. He sent out some invites via a google group Sunday night to test it. The group is http://groups.google.com/group/echolink-android?hl=en but Jonathan will have to approve your membership to the google group. Not sure how many testers he wants as too many can be a cluster which may be why he sent it out to a select few

AF1RE

Reaction score
A ham on the AMSAT net this evening saw K1RFD on the echolink servers connected with what appeared to be an ANDROID. Could be soon!

kb3awq

Reaction score
Very soon.... the beta test is getting better by the day. It actually is working near perfect on my original Droid.

rcfx

Reaction score
Very soon.... the beta test is getting better by the day. It actually is working near perfect on my original Droid.

I agree, even though it only works on public proxy, it's working great! I've had about a dozen qso's on it and have had great reports on the audio. Nice talking to you earlier John! W7RCG

Sent from Droid via Tapatalk

kb3awq

Reaction score
Yeah I seen earlier he said the last day or so the relay server had an issue but I just tried it and still times out. Public proxy works fine for me
Plus it says the stations can connect like you did earlier and relay they can't so ill take public proxy over the rest. Amazing the different connection options unlike the computer version. Good to chat earlier.

73 for now

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got the invitation to beta test last night. Within 10 minutes I was using the public proxy server and had 2 QSO's through local repeaters. I was told my audio seemed fine and wouldn't have known I was on my Droid, until the repeater ID'd and it was apparently much louder than my audio. So, I'm not sure how to bring my audio up except for talking louder or closer to the phone.

Besides that, it was absolutely flawless.

kd8fre

Reaction score
Just subscribing for updates! Can't wait to have this!

KD8FRE

cooltc2004

Reaction score
I recently got it as well, and it is a very cool program. Was talking to people all over the states with reports that my audio is near perfect.

They said that the beta is near over and should be in the market sometime this week.

KD8JZE