Echo in Hyundai Sonata bluetooth and Incredible

gishappy

Reaction score
I have paired my Incredible with new 2011 Hyundai Sonata bluetooth and have 2 problems.
1. Echo on side of people being called. They all get a bad echoing sound.
2. Contacts from phone downloaded to car are last name, first name when using Voice recognition. I have to say Call Smith John at home.
Anybody having these problems?

Misterroy

Reaction score
I had it with the HTC EVO 4G and I have it with the Incredible. What is the volume level in the car?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have paired my Incredible with new 2011 Hyundai Sonata bluetooth and have 2 problems.
2. Contacts from phone downloaded to car are last name, first name when using Voice recognition. I have to say Call Smith John at home.
Turn down the volume a little and/or set voice privacy to standard.
Don't know on the name part, that's probably a setting in the car bluetooth

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

OP
G

gishappy

Reaction score
Are you talking about the incoming call volume on the radio under BT? If so it is maybe on a quarter of the total volume.

OP
G

gishappy

Reaction score
I do not remember the voice privacy section on the car radio but will check. Do you have the voice recognition problem with last name, first name as well?

chartle

Reaction score

How did you download your phone book? I have a Elantra 2010 which I would hope uses the same BT.

OP
G

gishappy

Reaction score
The phonebook auto loads after pairing the phone. I have a HTC incredible. The problem is that it downloads everytime you get in the car for maybe 5 -10 minutes so you cannot make a call until it completes.

OP
G

gishappy

Reaction score
If you logon to the the Hyundai Forum you can find plenty of problems with the Bluetooth issue and Hyundai cars.

chartle

Reaction score
The phonebook auto loads after pairing the phone. I have a HTC incredible. The problem is that it downloads everytime you get in the car for maybe 5 -10 minutes so you cannot make a call until it completes.

They must have a different BT for 2011 or just the Sonata because this does not happen with my phone/car.