EB16 kernel for "dummy tethering"

vmax76

Reaction score
anyone having luck getting the USB tethering to work for free? I installed the latest Super Clean 2.8 Rom, which is suppose to include the kernel that allows for unmonitored USB tethering, but I still get the Verizon load-up page when I open my web browser on my PC. it still asks if I want to subscribe to Mobile Broadband Connect.

tintin

Reaction score
I use an app in the market, and it works great.
This one :

http://market.android.com/details?id=android.tether

Sent from my SuperClean Fascinate.

OP
V

vmax76

Reaction score
I need an app that produces a "infrastructure" wifi signal. My Google Chrome notebook can't connect to ad-hoc networks.

WirelessTether doesn't support Infrastructure mode on our Fascinates....atleast not yet

ziggy484

Reaction score
I need an app that produces a "infrastructure" wifi signal. My Google Chrome notebook can't connect to ad-hoc networks.

WirelessTether doesn't support Infrastructure mode on our Fascinates....atleast not yet

Verizon hotspot is infrastructure, gotta use the hack to get it for free though

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

OP
V

vmax76

Reaction score

where and how do I get this so-called hack?? I thought it came included with recent SC 2.8 but I'm not seeing it...or i dont know how to activate it? Please point me in the right direction.

ziggy484

Reaction score

where and how do I get this so-called hack?? I thought it came included with recent SC 2.8 but I'm not seeing it...or i dont know how to activate it? Please point me in the right direction.

Whats included isnt the hack itself, just someehing about verizon being able to monitor tethering in general. There is a thread called " getting hotspot for free on froyo". either here or xda. Basically you use qpst to adjust settings. Gotta download qpst (works kinda like odin) get phone into dialup mode. Find that thread and you'll be all set. Ive been using the hotspot for free on froyo for a while now.

collinjm01

Reaction score
I just ran quadrant. Its only clocking at 800mhz. Can I use setcpu to get it up to 1ghz?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just ran quadrant. Its only clocking at 800mhz. Can I use setcpu to get it up to 1ghz?

All Roms default to 1ghz auto-clock, nothing should be underclocking your kernel unless you have SetCPU installed and did it yourself...

But yes SetCPU will allow you to set it at 1ghz...keep the conservative governor though

collinjm01

Reaction score
That's weird. My phone underclocked before I installed setcpu. I installed and now its clocking at 1ghz. I enabled it to under clock when screens off, to 400mhz, and battery is way worse! I don't understand that

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's weird. My phone underclocked before I installed setcpu. I installed and now its clocking at 1ghz. I enabled it to under clock when screens off, to 400mhz, and battery is way worse! I don't understand that

Dont go below 800mhz in SetCPU...theres no where ive read that states its a good thing or helps battery in any way....it governs its self pretty well

try charging to 100%, leave it plugged in, wipe batt stats in terminal and let it reboot, when rebooted turn it off making sure to leave it plugged in.....once off let it charge to 100% then turn on, make sure its at 100% and unplug......run it til its 5%......do it over again minus wiping batt stats...

collinjm01

Reaction score

Dont go below 800mhz in SetCPU...theres no where ive read that states its a good thing or helps battery in any way....it governs its self pretty well

try charging to 100%, leave it plugged in, wipe batt stats in terminal and let it reboot, when rebooted turn it off making sure to leave it plugged in.....once off let it charge to 100% then turn on, make sure its at 100% and unplug......run it til its 5%......do it over again minus wiping batt stats...

so even when its set to "Screen Off" dont go below 800mhz? But thanks, ill do that and see if it help! :D

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

so even when its set to "Screen Off" dont go below 800mhz? But thanks, ill do that and see if it help! :D

Yep, no need and its not good for the phone from what i understand

collinjm01

Reaction score

Yep, no need and its not good for the phone from what i understand

lol that explains why it goes black and i have to do a battery pull sometimes (since setcpu) :icon_eek: