Easytether vs PDAnet

beckx020

Reaction score
Does anyone have information on which one is better and why you think so? I will purchase one of them, but not sure if I'm missing something by getting one or the other.

thank you!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pdanet is free; I know some one using easy tether and he says it works just as good. Pdanet will cost 20 bucks for the key to use for secured sites. Easytether is free and you can connect to secure sites as well.

I am currently using PDA and I like it.

bL33d

Reaction score
i use wiredtether which works on rooted phone that run p3droids/bekits kernel.

Its the easiest no need for software on any comp just plug in to usb hit the app and it auto installs a small file on comp and bam just works :)

texasPI

Reaction score
Pdanet is free; I know some one using easy tether and he says it works just as good. Pdanet will cost 20 bucks for the key to use for secured sites. Easytether is free and you can connect to secure sites as well.

I am currently using PDA and I like it.

Pdanet costs $30 and the only version of easytether that is free is the "lite" version which does block HTTPS or secured sites. A free trial does offer access to HTTPS but stops working after some time. They are both pretty similar in this regard.

To the OP: It seems the only advantage PDAnet has over easytether at the moment is bluetooth DUN although easytether says they'll offer this feature "soon".

Another consideration in regards to PDAnet is that they offer products for other types of handsets. So, say you leave android in the future for blackberry or one of their other supported devices, they offer an upgrade path to purchase a license at a reduced cost for your new device.

I'm debating which of these I should get myself...I suspect I'll go with easytether based purely on cost. I've used both and have had no problems with either.

OP
beckx020

beckx020

Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies.

I'll mull it over some more. Still not quite sure which one to choose. But I guess that's a good thing that both of them are good programs.

I don't have a rooted phone.

Diordna

Reaction score
I'm having exact same issue.

Instead of paying all this money just root and wifi tether ;)

((or is that different? Isn't that a lot better than wired connection? And is it free?? Thanks!))

davoz28

Reaction score
Im pretty sure a wired connection will always be faster than a wireless providing they come from the same source. Dont quote me and correct me if im wrong

texasPI

Reaction score
Well, I have done the root thing and wifi tether but I keep going back to wired for one simple reason: the phone charges when wired and wireless tether sucks the battery pretty hard.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have the free PDAnet thing so what's the difference between that and paying 30 dollars?

HTTPS sites

I need access to a HTTPS site nearly daily. PDANet works flawlessly on the secure and the regular

Amrat

Reaction score
Hey .... has anyone been able to get the Easytether program to work for its adverstised ability to connect a xbox to the internet?

MaXKiLLz

Reaction score
I bought PDANet in April for $18.95 and a month later I rooted the phone and no longer need PDANet. If someone wants to purchase the key from me at a discount, PM me.

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
I paid $18.95 for the app for my Mac, and the one on my Droid is free. I have no problem browsing any site when tethered, which is not often these days.