EasyTether and the Bionic

nreiter

Reaction score
Has anyone used EasyTether with the Bionic? Does it run at 4G speeds?

dredger

Reaction score
I can't even install easy tether on the bionic. It shows in app store but no option to install.

OP
nreiter

nreiter

Reaction score
Ouch, that will hurt. Anyone gotten PDAnet to work on the Bionic?

jimbo-69

Reaction score
easyTether license

I am curious if you have a paid version of easyTether for an existing phone, say droid X, does it transfer to your new bionic or do you have to buy the app again ?

dredger

Reaction score
I am curious if you have a paid version of easyTether for an existing phone, say droid X, does it transfer to your new bionic or do you have to buy the app again ?

Yes, all purchased apps should be saved to your gmail account so your purchase should be valid across all Android phones. you simply have to download it from the market.

Renae

Reaction score
I just checked, can't download it and I had bought it for my Droid 1. It shows up in the not installed area with other apps I have purchased in the past, but no download button.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

82DMC12

Reaction score
Ouch, that will hurt. Anyone gotten PDAnet to work on the Bionic?

I got PDANet to work. I had a paid version on my D1. I had no idea how to transfer it to my Bionic so I just re-downloaded it from the market and installed. I tested it by turning wi-fi off on my laptop and starting PDAnet. I went to my bank website (https:) and it worked just fine. So I don't know if my license transferred or what, but it worked.

Graymayre

Reaction score
I got PDANet to work. I had a paid version on my D1. I had no idea how to transfer it to my Bionic so I just re-downloaded it from the market and installed. I tested it by turning wi-fi off on my laptop and starting PDAnet. I went to my bank website (https:) and it worked just fine. So I don't know if my license transferred or what, but it worked.

PDAnet license is on the computer side

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ToManyIronsInFire

Reaction score
I just checked, can't download it and I had bought it for my Droid 1. It shows up in the not installed area with other apps I have purchased in the past, but no download button.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Use WiFi.. Turn on airplane mode and use a wifi connection.

malicious_a

Reaction score
I have easytether installed and it works just fine. Im not sure why its not letting anyone install it. I installed it directly from android market.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ChristianB

Reaction score
Easy Tether in the market says that if you don't see a download button and you have previously purchased it to email them with some info and they'll get it to you.

Looks like it is somehow blocked from the market when accessed by the Bionic.

ccrocker58

Reaction score
I purchased mine from Amazon, so I can download it, but I've been having the problems many have had w/ the phone's storage so I haven't even set it up yet...

jmlaser

Reaction score
Looks like it is somehow blocked from the market when accessed by the Bionic.

Doubt it,....

I installed Easytether directly from market last night. My hotel connection was lagging BAD.

Cnet Speedtest thru browser speeds on par with 4G network.

Good luck everyone