1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

EasyTether and PS3 troubles

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by drummerduker, Jul 18, 2010.

1. drummerduker

drummerduker New Member

Hello to all! I am a new member and I know that my problem is not neccessarily a "Hack" but I'm not quite sure where to post my issue...

So here it is:

I'm using a Motorola A855 with EasyTether and I would like to connect it to my PS3 using intertnet connection sharing on my laptop (XP). Seeing as how I paid for the program and its maker claims that the program should be able to tether/connect to a PS3/360/Wii through internet connection sharing on my computer, sounds easy - but not for me!

I tried last night by using a standard ethernet cable to connect the laptop to the PS3 and I was able to update my PS3, create a new online account, BUT when I tried the browser, online gaming, or EVEN just testing the internet connection it gave DNS error 80710102. I made sure I check-marked the UDP Passthrough box on easytether and was still giving me the same error. I even gave the PS3 Manual settings for its IP, DNS, Gateway, etc. per the easytether connection properties. Would it have worked if I used a crossover cable?

I figured if I had a router I could simply mac filter the PS3 but I can't find the PS3 on the network and the internet capabilities on the PS3 are absolutely none. I've connected the laptop with easytether, then using an ethernet cable I connected the laptop to the Linksys router in port 1, then in port 2 I sent another ethernet cable to the PS3. Is the problem in the wiring? Should the computer that is online be connected to where a modem is normally connected on the router? Since I couldn't find the PS3 on the router's control panel or from the laptop's network, I can't bridge the two connections....

I know all this is quite a bit to digest but I'm trying to be a thorough as possible in describing my issue and my current setup, if anyone can make sense of this please help!!! BTW my Motorola is NOT Hacked and NOT "Root Enabled" / Updated to latest OS (Would honestly like to keep things that way if possible!)
  2. greensaharatj

greensaharatj New Member

I actually tried this exact same thing last night with a friends PS3 on a laptop using Windows 7 and a router. I was able to get online and game on the xbox 360 but for some reason the PS3 would not connect at all. I dont think it will work for some reason, I would uninstall and refund if it isn't too late
  3. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Use wireless tether for root users instead
  4. drummerduker

drummerduker New Member

Probably is a bit late on the refund, however I'm actually OK with keeping it, I used pdanet until my trial session ran out and then I couldn't visit any secured websites on my laptop, so Easytether still has its uses. And I really do think it will work, I'm going to a friends later who is skilled in networking and see if he can solve my problem. I also have an Xbox360 so if easytether works on that system then once again the program has served me well.

Well as I stated, my phone is not root enabled, and I'm not sure that I want to mess with the OS because I really like my phone the way it is (I dont want to screw it up! lol) But who knows maybe in the end thats what I'll try, it would be nice to have a hotspot anywhere my phone is! :D
  5. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

I didn't think you could tether without root

Maybe pdanet (might need root too)?
  6. daddyranger

daddyranger New Member

PS3 easytehther help

dancedroidYou absolutely can use bith easytether AND wireless tether for your internet connection with your PS3- I play Black Ops with easytether and my Droid Incredible every night but it is rooted. Connect your laptop to your Droid using easytether, make that connection shared with your local area connection, run your cat5 cable form your laptop to your PS3, go to network settings, custom connection, wired connection, auto-detect all the settings with no proxy server and you are good as gold. Enjoy....
  7. sidekick2thegut

sidekick2thegut New Member

Problem solved?

I have run into this same problem, yet mine is slightly different. My Droid X is running easytether pro on my laptop. From there I have a ethernet cable going directly to my PS3. It worked Perfectly, I was streaming LOST in HD with no buffering time! So pro! The next night, I get the DNS error :icon_evil:......
    I have looked at videos on youtube, read other forums, and am ready to burn the internet down if I dont get a solution. So, Did you fix it? I think this is a problem on the PS3 side, not the app or my set up. If anyone can help, that would make my day! tanks a bunch
  8. sidekick2thegut

sidekick2thegut New Member

did you solve this problem? mine was working again... now its not. its so freaking finiky!!!
  9. blinn79

blinn79 New Member

I too am having the same problem. I installed easytether pro on my Samsung Epic 4G, and the internet works great on my Dell Vostro 1500 with XP SP3. I have even seen speed tests of 12.83 MBPS from speedtest.net through my Epic 4G (with 4G on of course). Now, that being said, I have ATT DSL home internet that is SUPPOSE to be rated at 6 MBPS, but in reality never pulls more than 5 MBPS... but every night, at around 9pm, the internet speeds drop to less than half a MBPS, and the latency (ping) goes above 500ms, sometimes over 1,000ms. Well I play Black Ops on my PS3 with friends around this time, and of course with that kind of latency, I can't even play. My Epic 4G, averages only 140ms latency around the same time frame, with never less than 4 MBPS.

So I followed all the instructions, connected the ethernet cable from my laptop to the PS3, went to network connections, (here is where it gets tricky) I have two different local area connections in here... one says "local area connection" and below says "broadcom 440x 10/100" and the other says "local area connection 4" and below it says "easytether network adapter". That being said, I currently have the last choice "shared", but have tried sharing both. The PS3 would not auto detect anything and never made it passed "obtain IP address" in the "test connection" section of the PS3. So I manually entered the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, DHCP server, primary DNS, and secondary DNS, which I got from going to "ipconfig/all" on my computer.

Once I did this, the PS3 then was able to obtain the IP address, but failed on the "internet connection" and said , "an error occurred.... this is a DNS error (80710102)."

I tried going back to the network connections in my computer and went to the local area connection (easytether) and went into the settings and checked the "DNS" to allow it, and re-tried the PS3 connection test, but the same error came up. I am now stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  10. llEaZY

llEaZY New Member

Tethering ps3 to droid/no NAT type..HELP ME

I am running Windows XP on Dell laptop. I am using Easytether pro on my Samsung galaxy s. I am able to connect to playstation network online with the ps3, but I get no NAT type. I cant play socom4 online without a NAT type? I can connect to there servers but cant join any games. How do i obtain an NAT type? Im new at this and need help.
Search tags for this page
can't bridge easytether with ethernet
connecting easytether to ps3
dns error ps3 easy tether

easy tether ps3

easytether for ps3

easytether pro ps3

easytether ps3

hooking easy tether pro to a ps3

how to connect easytether to ps3

how to give internet from computer to ps3 windows xp easytet
how to use android easytether as hotspot for ps3