EasyRoot

KShizzle

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the EasyRoot app that can be downloaded in the marketplace is legit? It seems to good to be true, not sure if I should download it.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the EasyRoot app that can be downloaded in the marketplace is legit? It seems to good to be true, not sure if I should download it.

It's legitly problematic. Just install SPR thru RSD and flash a rooted Rom to gain root. A little more work but none of the issues Easy root and Rom Manager have

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bingo - What Tallica said.

Every rom/kernel/theme can be installed with Sprecovery. Follow the simple rules listed on almost every rom/kernel page to install and you'll have no issues. Rom Manger & Clockwork have a tremendous number of issues. Easy Root is said to be a pirated copy of Dmupdater. The DM team warns of possible bricking because the issue that was lifted was a "not ready for prime time" copy. I will say however that I've seen no reports of bricks on this or any other forum associated with Easy Root. But there is a question as to it's legitimacy.

Sprecovery instructions:

- Put the file of interest on your sdcard. Do not put it in a folder.
- Rename it to update.zip (watch for windows naming it update.zip.zip).
- Reboot into recovery
- Select: Install
- Select: Allow update.zip installation
- Select: Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)
- Select: Reboot

- Enjoy!

Don't forget to go back and rename the file to something you will recognize later as you may need it again someday.