Easyroot for droid2

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was thinking! Haha!

Spaz, you punk! Haha!
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html

To answer your question rooting gives you administrative permisions so that you can do things you ordinarily couldn't. Things like loading custom roms, adding themes, and using root apps like those that help you over/under clock the cpu or take screenshots.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Lol. I need to add that link to my clipboard so its always at hand.

OP
J

jwr3872

Reaction score
AWESOME!!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seeing all the roms available and new themes is awwsome! No two phones have to be alike. Its like getting a new one.

Exactly. A good suggestion for your first rom if/when you decide to flash one is squidly's 2.3.20 full blur at least imo. Its the easiest ever to flash if you're coming from stock 2.3.2 because it requires no wiping of data/cache. Plus it comes with a black bar mod and the ability to remove pieces of blur individually. Its what i'm using now and its smooth like buttah.

OP
J

jwr3872

Reaction score
My droid was rooted and my friend rooted my droid2 then ttried adding or changing and then I had a paperwieght haha

OP
J

jwr3872

Reaction score
My backup gave me all the apps back on new phone. I see them just cant open until rooted. Hm! I will check that out and will be asking some Q's soon

OP
J

jwr3872

Reaction score
I now have three batteries for my phone. Haha!

OP
J

jwr3872

Reaction score
Cool! Im glad I got aboard here!

Canadroid

Reaction score
I would advise against "easy" rooting. Knowing what's being done will come in handy when/if things go wrong in the future.

This is good advice!

I really was hoping for a '1-click' magic root when I got the D2, but in retrospect I'm glad there wasn't one avail at the time. The little bit of hands on knowledge I've gained just from this process has made understanding the Android OS and my hardware that much easier.

I would rec. downloading the appropriate SDK for your home PC and do a few basic 'how to' tutorials at the cmd line like pushing and pulling App files from the SD card, stuff like that to help you get comfy. As was mentioned you don't NEED a separate PC to accomplish root, but I preferred that setup for my first few runs.

OP
J

jwr3872

Reaction score
I think I will enjoy learning how to do that. I wanted to fix my laptop and now think its time to get another for xmas hehe. Trying to watch someone else do it can be intimidating. I am itching for the easyroot though. Still have the ghost apps in my drawer lol but I do want to know what the heck is going on and to fix issues when they occur

JOSHK5

Reaction score
check out z4root in the android market its free and will root droid 2 with one click.

OP
J

jwr3872

Reaction score
Thanks! I rooted phone with it and havent had a chance yet to download any roms or themes.