Easyroot and FRG22D Problem!!!

Fanilow

Reaction score
I just updated my droid (the original one) to build number FRG22D. I had already rooted and was using wifi tether but now it doesn't work. Easyroot says that my droid is successfully rooted but the root programs dont work. What can I do to go back to the way it was before? Downgrade, a new easy way to root? Please let me know. THanks.

azpilot

Reaction score
I just updated my droid (the original one) to build number FRG22D. I had already rooted and was using wifi tether but now it doesn't work. Easyroot says that my droid is successfully rooted but the root programs dont work. What can I do to go back to the way it was before? Downgrade, a new easy way to root? Please let me know. THanks.

EasyRoot does not work for FRG22D. The only way to root from what I understand is to use RSDlite and SPRecovery with this rom.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
You can not use any OTA upgrade and keep root. There currently is no root method for FRG22D. You need to flash back to an older ROM, root that and then find the rooted FRG22D image that is floating around and install that.

Root will not stop OTA's from installing. You need to flash a different recovery than stock...use either SPRecovery or ClockworkMod Recovery.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

One button rootapps are vrry unreliable

Link 3 in my sig. Done

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

EasyRoot does not work for FRG22D. The only way to root from what I understand is to use RSDlite and SPRecovery with this rom.

EasyRoot unfortunately isn't as easy as it seems. You probably need to use sbf to get back to stock 2.1 or 2.0.1, then you will be prompted to go to 2.2 build FRG01B and followed by a prompt to FRG22D. That would be for stock.

There is no easy way to get to FRG22D rooted that I know of, you would need either SPRecover (recommended) or Clockwork and ROM Manager. The only version of FRG22D that I know of that is rooted is the one P3 Droid has out and I can't say I recommend it because it gave me Market issues (YMMV).

I'm going to move this to the rescue squad area for further discussion.

OP
F

Fanilow

Reaction score
Will that process still work even though I'm already rooted? You say not to if the droid is already rooted. Also, do I lose any programs, contacts, etc etc? I've never done any flashing on my phone so I don't know exactly what stays and what doesn't.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will that process still work even though I'm already rooted? You say not to if the droid is already rooted.

OK, let me try again. You would need to unroot and go back to stock using sbf. I don't know of any way you can stay rooted with FRG22D if you are currently rooted. If you are stock you would still need sbf to go back and then root your Droid again from either 2.0.1 or 2.1. My understanding was you are currently rooted and having tether issues. But you can't be rooted with FRG22D unless you installed P3Droids version of it.

Either way it seems you need to get back to stock, root to FRG01B and then try P3 Droids FRG22D.

This is why I've got you in the rescue squad for further assistance, I have never used sbf to flash back, they can guide you through it.