Easy Way to Update to FRG83D (Already Rooted)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thered, Dec 12, 2010.

1. thered

thered New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Droid is already rooted and I'd like to upgrade it to FRG83D. I do not have custom recovery and left everything as close to normal as possible, with the exception of root permissions (I used the rageagainstthecage update and manually pushed over busybox and su)

I was willing to apply the OTA, then re-root it, but it won't work because I deleted some locked Verizon apps (Amazon MP3) and the checksum doesn't match.

metiCkOne's ROM looks good, but I really don't want to have to start over again.

Yeah yeah, I can install ROM Manager and flash the clockworkmod recovery, back up my current rom now and reflash without an issue, but I want to keep it as close to normal as possible and not redo all of my apps.

Any way I can do this, or do I have to start from scratch?

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    You should be able to use one of the rom's you linked without any troubles. I have a rooted FRG83 deodexed file in my collection linked below as well, however it is the pre FRG83D leak.

good luck

3. thered

thered New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I posted in metiCkOne's thread and he said it would probably wipe everything. But shouldn't it only write the updatye stuff to the system partition and not touch /data (the user installed apps)

I understand a clean install is best, but I have no time at the moment.

4. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    It will wipe if you wipe. If you don't wipe, he's not guaranteeing things will work correctly. I would make a good backup and then flash the update.zip and see if you get it working. If not, revert.

Search tags for this page

busybox for frg83t

update zip a855 root