Easy To Follow Flow Chart Helps You Determine Your CM9 Potentiality

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
CM9_Flow.png

If you have been dreaming about your device eventually getting a taste of the CyanogenMod 9 ICS port, and are wondering if it will actually come to your device, then the above flow-chart could give you the clues you need. The flow-chart should provide a decent answer as to the chances of CM9 coming to your device. For example, the chart starts out with the most important initial requirement, 512MB of RAM or more. If you don't have that, then you can immediately stop, because CM9 will not come to your device.

Still, even with the flow-chart, it appears that there is a maximum of a 75% chance for some devices to get it, but at least you know more than you did before. :)

Source: TalkAndroid

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Look at the OG Droid. I read somewhere a stripped down ICS rom was being made so it would run on its hardware.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look at the OG Droid. I read somewhere a stripped down ICS rom was being made so it would run on its hardware.

It barely works, though - I have it installed on an OG Droid. The main issue is that so much had to be stripped from the /system partition to make it fit that it is not even close to stable. Basically what you get to see is the ICS interface along with almost constant force close dialog boxes. If it contains any functionality at all, that is lost due to the crashing issue.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
It barely works, though - I have it installed on an OG Droid. The main issue is that so much had to be stripped from the /system partition to make it fit that it is not even close to stable. Basically what you get to see is the ICS interface along with almost constant force close dialog boxes. If it contains any functionality at all, that is lost due to the crashing issue.
not even close...you must've gotten a bad version or something, the last one i used ran beautifully, it worked even better than gingerbread does, and yes with all my apps installed too...the milestone (with a locked bootloader) is close to a very usable ics rom as well